Im Just So Proud Of You (Wheeler Yuta x OC)

AN- Takes place during the infamous Mox vs Yuta match

Gemma wasn't stupid, she knew he needed the match with Mox, of course she did, they had had conversations where her love had told her his dreams and goals for the year as she had hers to him, but she wasn't sure where being beaten by a pit bull fell in his list of goals and dreams but she also knew that he had this need to prove himself to people and improve on his already amazing skillset in the ring, but she would be lying to him and everyone around them if she said the thought of this match with Mox of all people wasn't making her feel physically sick. After wrestling for a while, she had learnt a few things from being around other wrestlers, especially her brother, Jim and Greg but when she joined AEW, Jon Moxley saw something in Gemma and he instantly took her under his wing and gave her training that nobody knew about, not even her brother and even with however much he had taught her, she knew that her boyfriend of 9 months going into a match with 'the pit bull of professional wrestling' was going to end one way and one way only...a bloodbath and she couldn't stop the nausea building in her stomach.

Walking hand in hand with Paul into the gorilla, he knew that his girlfriend was out of sorts and he knew that he would not be able to focus on the match whilst he was worrying about her, stopping, he stood in front of her, a move that confused Gemma "baby?" "What is wrong with you" he asked quietly "Nothing..I am fine" "baby....talk to me" he pleaded "im fine" "your a crap liar, spill "I am just worried for you and about this match. I know Mox, he gets in that ring he is an asshole. Im scared you are going to get hurt...more so than you had planned". As the love of her life looked at the woman he saw as his soulmate, he glanced up at a nearby clock and pulled her out of the view of everyone and as she looked at him, Paul kissed her hard, running his fingers through her hair as he backed her to the wall, pulling away,he pulled her lip with his teeth and rested his head on her forehead and quietly stated "you trust me right?...then trust me when I tell you this..I am going to be fine...I promise you, and when I am all done and the storyline is finished and I am part of the BCC, I am taking you back to our hotel and we are going to have a night of celebration and it is going to last...all......night......long" "but...." "No buts, however much I love yours" "You are such a dork" Gemma smirked, kissing him again "you're so needy" Paul replied, pulling at her lip gently with his teeth "you started something what do you expect" Gemma smirked, but as they kissed again, they stopped as they heard ""NOPE! Yuts... let go of my sister". Hearing her brother's voice, Gemma rolled her eyes and kissed the man again before winking and stating "Hello Dusty" "you ready  for this match then Yuts?" Her brother asked, putting an arm around the mans neck "more than ready" Paul winked, looking at the woman of his dreams "Mox is no mean....OW GEMMA WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR!" "He doesnt need you or your loud mouth getting in his head Dustin" his sister sighed.

As the match begins to get announced, Paul looked at Gemma's once again concerned face and whispered "I am going to be okay princess, I promise, however I need you to promise me one thing and one thing alone....no matter what happens..you stay back here" "but... fine, I will stay here" "thank you....I love you Gem Gem" Paul whispered, kissing her head "I love you too dumb-dumb" the woman smiled as he kissed her head and made his way out. Pulling up a chair as the match went on, Gemma had started to wish that she hadn't promised Paul that she would stay where she was, watching from behind her fingers in both pride and concern, she smiled as she heard her big brother exclaim as he sat down next to her and let her rest her head on his shoulder "he'll be okay you know pipsqueak...he is tougher than people give him credit for" "it isn't that I am worried about Dust...its how much blood he is losing that is the worry for me. I should've told him that I was going to go out there if it got to much" "just so you could have a panic attack in front of a live crowd and the audience when they watch on Friday..you are fine where you are thank you" He smirked, kissing his little sisters head. Looking at the time and knowing there wasn't much more of the match left, all Gemma wanted was for him to get backstage so she could murder him for being so stupid "TK? How long is left?" "4 minutes Gem" their boss smiled "that is if the crowd doesn't demand it go on for longer" "It goes on any longer than it should and I am pulling the plug..I mean it TK" "don't push her...the vein is making an appearance" "shut it orange man" Gemma retorted. As the match came to its conclusion and Mox choked out the woman's partner, she noticed not only Bryan, but also Darren make their way over "what's going on?" She asked the older man who had become a mentor to her very quickly "don't fret okay...I promise, we wont touch him" "you better not...I know where you live" "with a threat like that..you have my word little hellflower" Darren winked, escaping before the woman could say anything else "he will be okay Gem..he will be back before you know it" Dustin reiterated as they watched Regal and Danielson get in the ring and Yuta get his welcome into the Blackpool combat Club.

Walking through the tunnel and into the gorilla with the help of his new stable mates, everyone moved as a 5ft4 Gemma launched herself at her partner "woah Gem Gem" Paul whispered as he grabbed onto her "Im covered in blood" "I don't care" she muttered against his neck "Im so proud of you.... But you Mox, I should kick your ass" "HEY!!! He knew what he was signing up for flower" Mox reiterated, hands up "lets just get Paul to medical...you can kill Jon later" Darren sighed "hey..you are meant to be on my side" "are you going to anger her? Because I certainly am not" Darren reiterated, taking the newest BCC member's arm, giving him some much needed support in walking "here let me help" Gemma smiled, taking the other man's arm "and you arent going to argue your way out of me helping you, so suck it up" "Dude, you are whipped...DAMN IT GEMMA" Jon yelled, choking from the punch to his stomach "you have yourself to blame for teaching me how to wind someone..remember that". Watching the man and his sister walk away, Greg could see in Dustin's eye that his emotions were all over the place "what's up with you?" "I just... Yuts is like my little brother, however happy I am seeing him with Gem and how happy they make each other..it's still weirding me out" Dustin admitted "I'd get used to it if I was you...I don't think she is giving him up for anyone or anything" Jim added, smirking as Dustin dramatically sighed.

Watching the trainers stitch up her boyfriend and listening to the new members of his stable praising him on how well he did out there, she couldn't help but smile teary eyed at how proud she was of him, not many people knew Paul like she knew him and the same could be said about Paul when it came to Gemma, she knew things about his life and career that no one knew about, not even her own big brother and to see him starting to achieve what he had wanted for so long made her the proudest girlfriend in the world. Looking over as the men talked, Paul's face quickly changed from a smile to a look of concern as he noticed the tears in the woman's eyes "baby?...hey what's wrong" he asked, pushing everyone away, his only concern being her and her alone "nothing" she smiled as he wiped the tears from her eyes "crap liar Gem. I thought we had established this" "Im just proud of you..is that not allowed? You deserve all of this Paul...the blood you have shed figuratively and literally.... I really think this is going to be the start of some wonderful." Watching the woman smile, the man pulled her into him and kissed her hard "I am so glad you came into my life..you are the reason my love  that I am pushing myself more than I ever have" he mumbled as they kisssed "Ditto" the woman replied as the other members of The Blackpool Combat Club walked over "or though, that's try less bloodshed next time, I don't think my anxiety can handle it "Im not promising anything" her boyfriend winked.