Revelations

At Ramshackle, the girls had finished cleaning up the place, even arranging to make tea for the guests they would have. "So, once they arrive, greet and all, we'll start with practice?" Kate asked. 

 "Indeed, I've even got our music ready to go." Minerva said as the doorbell rang.

 "I'll get that!" Alex went to the door.

 "Hi Alex! The others here too?" Kalim asked as he ran and hugged Stella. 

"Yeah, in fact we were getting ready to practice already." Laura said.

Scarlet was stretching and cracking her knuckles, "If that peacock acts out I'm going to beat his ass."Luna smiled, "Now now behave you don't want to embarrass yourself in front of your new gentlemen callers."Scarlet blushed, "They are not. Whatever. If he behaves I will."Alex smiled, "This'll be fun."

Laufey stayed by Jamil, her mood sour, "I'm ready to kill at a moments notice " As the boys settled in, the girls left to practice in the backyard as the music started. 

 "You stumble on twisted words and alibis." Scarlett

 Stella, Kate: Can't fall asleep at night 

 Laufey: Driving me into a corner with your eyes 

 Alex, Laura: I feel your sickness inside 

 All: Get hurt, give in 

 Minerva: as you move along, why put yourself through this 

 All: Punishment?

------------

After practice...Scarlet was drinking water, wiping sweat from her forehead.Luna summoned some ice-cold lemon water for everyone smiling, "Good practice girls."

"Thanks Luna. Wonder how the boys are doing?" Anisha wondered.Luna smiled, "Perhaps we should go see since we ended early and we'll bring snacks and water for them." Scarlet and Laufer agreed. Alex beamed, "Great idea.""Hey! We're back from practice!" Alex said. "Hey, you would not believe what happened!" Grim said, getting the girl's attention."What happened little one?"Luna asked Grim gently, some concern in her voice."Vil, that's what! He won't let us ear any good stuff while training and he's having them do strange facial cleansing. I think Epel will be on the verge of a breakdown since he's getting most of the training." Grim grumped.Luna looked troubled, "Oh dear. While it is good to stay cleanly and to be healthy. Forcefully imposing that spells disaster." Scarlet clenched her fists, "I'm gonna kill him." Laufey nodded, "I second that.""Hey, where's Minerva?" Kate asked. "Oh, she went to Sam's with Anisha and Becky. It's their turn to do grocery shopping." Stella said. "Really? I think Vil went there too a while ago." Ace said.Laufey stiffened, "Jamil we're going to Sam's, he must not be trusted around Minnie." she stated, dragging him with her as they left. Luna sighed, "Scarlett why don't you go check on epel and Rook? I'll make some tea "Scarlet nodded, sighing as she went to check on Epel first.

Meanwhile, Minerva, Becky, and Anisha had shopping baskets as they got some groceries. "What do you think we should make for dinner tonight? I'm stuck between my Nana's italian goulash, and seared steak with mixed vegetables." Minerva asked the other two. Unknown to them a specific dorm head entered the shop.Laufey entered the store with Jamil and quickly found her cousin,"Minnie me and Jamil want to help with dinner. We were thinking of making ambrosia salad for dessert since it's healthier and we can use sugar free whipped cream so you can taste the fruit more." she stated quickly."Oh? OK then, I haven't had it in a while anyway." Minerva smiled, unaware that Laufey looked over to where Vil was, and Becky and Anisha caught onto what was going on. They quickly left after paying for the groceries, that is.

Back at the Ramshackle Dorm, Scarlet had made one remedial tea that Anisha showed her how to make. She soon went to Epel's room, knocking gently, "It's Scar Hun. I made ya some tea to help you. Can I come in?" she asked."Uh! Uh, s-sure. I thought you were at practice." Epel stuttered"We finished early."Scarlet said, giving him the tea when she went in, "Are you OK?" she asked with her southern twang."....Nor really. I never wanted to be in this competition. I did not even want to be in Pomefiore!" Epel frowned."Oh? What dorm did you want to be in?"Scarlet asked "Something cool and tough, like Savanaclaw. Heck, after I heard what the others did against Azul, I wished I was in Ramshackle. You did hear about that, right?" Epel asked.Scarlet nodded, "But you know The mirror chose you for this for a reason maybe you don't like the beautiful stuff but maybe you were chosen because of never giving up on your goals and your hard work? Real strength isn't just muscle Hun.""Eh?" "Think about it I'm strong but I'm not stronger than Luna because even though she's not physically stronger than me she's more powerful magic wise. She could beat me if she wanted."Scarlet stated"You have a point. She looks like a kid, but she could be at Lilia-sempaiLevel."Scarlet nodded, "That's right. Each of us has our own strengths. Yours is you look unassuming and your fiercely determined."Scarlet smiled.Epel felt even better when Scarlet shared her life story with him. "Your dad actually made a deal with a devil? And he kept the curse which made you have it too? Were there always people like that in your world?" Epel asked."Yeah. Each generation has one."Scarlet nodded."Huh. I heard from Stella there were other people with demon like abilities, like two people she told me about, Andromeda the daughter of Morbius and Vivian daughter of Venom. But she did not tell me who they are." Epel questioned.

 "Ah, them theyre more of anti heroes. Well..." Scarlet started.

After explaining it, Scarlet sighed, "Me and them are similar. I'm not a hero.... I'm just a monster that convicts the evil. Even justice has its dark side. It's just done in the shadows away from the public." She finished."Try to bear with the vdc stuff. It's only a once a year thing. I'll make sure he doesn't push you too much."She added, rubbing his back Epel smiled with a slight blush. Unknown to them Luna overheard their conversation but didn't bother to interrupt. "Now I'm gonna check on Rook. So drink your tea mkay?"She smiled, ruffling his hair some and leaving to check on Rook. Scarlet then went to Rook's room, where he made an arrow.
"Hey Rook, we're back and we heard what happened. Tea?" Scarlet asked.Rook nodded as she gave him the tea. Scarlet noticed what he was doing, "You make your own a arrows?""Oui, my family is composed of hunters after all. I can tell you do some hunting as well, no?" He asked. "Yes but I'm afraid you and me don't hunt the same things. I hunt people. Though I have hunted for food before."Scarlet shrugged."Oh? I target interesting people myself." Rook smiled. "Hunting and stalking are two different things for me." Scarlet frowned as she picked up an arrow and made it catch fire without it burning up."I have actually killed people... If most of them can even be called that. I'm an anti hero... Meaning I don't care about laws. Depending on what you did, if you're guilty, you're on a one-way ticket to hell or oblivion." she sighed, extinguished the fire, and gave him the arrow back.But then Rook had his interested gaze on her. "But not all predators hunt for the sake of killing,mon cher enfant de l'enfer." He smiled, making Scarlet blush like a maiden.Scarlet looked away, clearing her throat, "True.... Justice has it's dark side... Though I don't kill for the sake of it. It is satisfying when someone truly evil is gone from the world. I think Luna is the same way."She stated."That's not what I was talking about, mademoiselle." Rook said, cupping Scarlet's chin to look at him. "They say some animals in the wild go so far as to kill competition to obtain a desirable mate or that they go under painful mating rituals to do it. But pain and desire walk side by side after all." He said as his eyes glowed. "And right now....." He said as he was a breath away from Scarlet's face. "I'm excited to see who will be the predator and who will be the prey. mon démon tentateur." He purred.Scarlet blushed dark getting pleasant shivers down her spine, "Well then I wish you luck, Darlin' I'm a hard filly to tame." she said, suddenly pinning him to the wall with her own challenging gaze.But that made Rook smile more. He loves a good challenge.

 ----------- Alright, that ends this chapter. A Thanks to SuperDiabolickLover for her help!

Sorry for the wait!