Upcoming Tournament

It had been a few weeks since Riddle's overblot episode. Word had even gotten around that the two were on better terms with each other.

Right now the main 5 students of Heartslabyul and the Ramshackle students arrived at the cafeteria and the girls noticed that the students seemed to be riled up for something.

And that something was the Magical Shift Tournament!

Or Magift.

"So what is this tournament about?" Becky asked since neither the girls or Grim ever played it.

"You don't know about Magift!?" Ace asked astonished.

"Well, they are from another dimension, remember?~" Cater said.
"It's a world-famous sport. They have a professional league and even world competitions." Deuce added before Ace continued.

"Magical Shift... A.K.A. Magift, is a sport played by two teams made up of seven players.
To put it simply, you try to take a disc from each other and try to shoot it at the goal positioned in the opponent's territory. The team who scores the most points is the winner." Ace explained.

"Oh, it's kinda like football?" Justine asked.

"Football? Is that a sport from your hometown?" Ace asked.

"Yeah, except there's no magic involved." Kate said.

"Alright then... But I think it'd be difficult to have you guys appear in a Magift tournament."
"Why?" Grim asked.
"Magical Shift is a sport that uses magic. You carry the disc with magic, and all attacks and defenses used require magic as well." Deuce explained.
"Part of the player's appeal is when they exhibit super flashy magic, too~♪" Ace added.
"That is why Night Raven College is a world renowned powerhouse when it comes to Magical Shift!" Deuce explained, adding his input. "A lot of the school's alumni play in professional leagues now! Even more, Magical Shift is a sport that tests not only physical skills but also one's magical skills. Professional teams will be observing our school's intra-dorm Magift Tournament. A lot of renowned magicians around the world will come to watch. There will be a lot of shops lined up during the tournament as well, and they will be exhibiting products from all over the world. It is a very important and exciting event that's broadcast via television worldwide."

"It's televised!? Wow, its a huge contrast compared to football in that sense." Laura thought.

"People around the world will be watching!? Then, if I win that tournament, everyone in the world will know about me!?" Grim said in excitement.
"Of course, players who do exceptional and win in the tournament are invited to join professional teams, so it is a given that it comes with popularity, too." Riddle smirked.
"In Grim's case, people will be surprised to see that a monster is participating in the tournament." Trey added.

"Ah, but sadly, Grim can't participate~" Cater said in mock sadness.
Eh?
"It's an intra-dorm competition, and you need about seven people to enter.
Although your dorm has seven people, not all of them can use magic, although they have other powers. That is why you can't participate." Trey pointed out.
"WHAT?! No way....!!" Grim said in dismay.
"There are a lot of other things you can do during the tournament, you know? There's handing out drinks and helping prepare the grounds." Cater said trying to lighten the mood.

"I'm fine with that." Becky said with the other girls nodding. "Besides, I think Grim should at least see how the whole game is played before trying to participate once we do have enough experience."

"Sides, we are already too busy with studies and training to be superheroes.
"I suppose so..." Grim grumbled.

"Yeah... You can't do anything about it since you don't have enough people. You can only hope that more magic people join Ramshackle Dorm next year, but for now you have to give up on it." Trey said.