A deal hard to refuse

[LOCATION: Ramshackle Dorm – Lounge]

JACK: So, those guys with anemones on their heads made a contract with Azul so they could get a good score on the test.

Becky: That was basically cheating. But then they were deceived... 
Laura: It looks like being in the top 50 was the condition for their contract, but with that number of students, it would be impossible for more than half of them to be in the top 50. Azul must've known that would happen.

"I agree. Those in the top 50 were probably already smart enough to study ahead of time before this all happened, and if I had to guess, they probably had magic that Azul wasn't interested in." Stella finished.

JACK: Geez, there's no point if you get good grades because of someone else, you know!
They just wanted to compete and show off that they could score higher. How idiotic.
CROWLEY: It's sort of annoying that all the students here don't have Howl's initiative...
If they were all so serious, I wouldn't be having trouble~
JACK: Wha–!? Headmaster!? You startled me...!
CROWLEY: (sighs) I couldn't manage to stop Ashengrotto's "business" again this year.

'You something about all this contract business." Kate stated, knowing the headmaster would spill the beans sooner or later.

CROWLEY: Azul Ashengrotto. He's a 2nd year who has since been Octavinelle Dorm's Prefect.
Just like Rosehearts, he is a very exceptional 2nd year and a very good Prefect, however...
He's a little—No, very problematic.
JACK: Problematic? You mean that little scam of his? Why don't you just order him to stop what he's doing then?
CROWLEY: That's... It is because I am a teacher that I cannot prohibit what he's doing.
JACK: What do you mean?
CROWLEY: It's related to the test notes that Ashengrotto tempts the students with...
You see, he does not actually do anything as illegal as steal any of those answers and solutions from the teachers here.
He thoroughly researches all of the past exam questions that Night Raven College has given for the past 100 years and makes notes based off them.
They are basically "crib notes" that he has refined by himself with thorough research.

'"All the exam questions from the past 100 years!? Is that even possible?!'"Justine said.

JACK: That guy's pretty awesome for being able to do all that with his own powers.
Hm? Wait... Is it because it's not actually cheating that makes it troublesome...?
CROWLEY: Precisely, Howl.
From a teacher's standpoint, we cannot exactly prohibit notes that a student has put tremendous amounts of effort in, especially since it's done under legal means.
CROWLEY: And since he was "simply being kind" and helping his friends with studying so—
JACK: So if you ban it, it's basically like telling the students "Don't study." or "Don't ask your friends for help." (growls) This is annoying...
CROWLEY: Exactly.

Minerva: Deceptive yet resourceful. Not the type of person to make an enemy out of.
Anisha: Headmaster, you mentioned not being able to stop his business again, didn't you?
Did the same thing happen last year, too?
CROWLEY: Indeed. Though, it wasn't as bad last time.
I thought it wouldn't turn into quite the problem this year, but...
I heard that a rumor saying that if students wanted to get a high score, they should come to the Mostro Lounge was spreading around the school.
JACK: But no one had warned them about what would happen if they violate the contract?
CROWLEY: It seems like it. As a result, the number of students that Ashengrotto has made contracts with started rising higher and higher.
And now, all students in all year levels scored an average of 90 in all subjects...!
It is, of course, favorable compared to having all the students fail, but...!