Rising Panic

Pov Shadow:

    I started my skates feeling annoyed as missing a few seconds into the race which is real bad especially if your facing something that's 'faster than the speed of sound'. I held on to Cream while she did the same. I told her to tie her ears together lightly with a piece of fabric so her ears would fly all over the place and get caught into a tree branch.

    I was looking for the best route to insure we would be safe. I glanced from a distance seeing Sonic being ruthless and running into the most dangerous paths while Cheese was holding on for dear life hoping not to fly off and get lost or even worse, smash thier body into the many tree or rocks around them. I had to help Creams Chao in some way so I asked Cream if she could fly home by herself so I can ensure her Chao safety which she agreed.

    I started to speed up as fast as I could to catch up to Sonic feeling a bit panicked. My heart was racing with anxiety and exaustion now that I don't have Cream with me. As I kept getting closer and closer to him he just kept speeding up each time I got close to Cheese. 

    "It's taking you a while for you to catch up, and I see you no longer have Cream with you either." I looked at him annoyed as my heart kept on beating making my chest hurt a ton but that didn't stop me from grabbing Cheese off of his head but while I did I saw Cream and her mother, Vanilla there along with thier house and a angry pink hedgehog. 

    Before I knew it I tripped over faker's foot while letting go of cheese who went flying off safely unlike me. I felt my head smash into Sonic as we fell into a mini garden. I started to open my eyes to only to see the blue Hedgehog below me. 

    "Dang Shadow.. your should lose a couple of pounds...." All of my embarrment  went away from that one sentence as I stood up shakingly kicking him in the gut and walked over to Vanilla apologizing for the mess and trouble we brought and ruining her garden. 

    I saw Sonic walking over to me "Sorry about all that trouble Shads.." 

    "and what else??" As glanced at his face for a bit seeing he wants to say a bit more than that. 

    "Well...uhhh I know it's not a good time say this but I won the race and I wanted to ask you if you could hel-" 

    "WHY DID YOU TAKE SO LONG!" Amy said while bashing Sonic's head with her Piko Piko hammer, which surprisingly Sonic did not get a concussion from. 

    "Owww.. but Ames I had to take Cream to the TreeHouse!" 

    "And I told you to come back at least in 1 hour untill I was done making the pastries!!"

    Which concluded that statement from before and why he was always looking at the time so often. I felt awkward for being the only one doing nothing as I heard Sonic and Amy arguing for who knows what at this point and Vanilla and her daughter along with her Chao looking at the now destroyed garden.

    I felt bad as I thought this wouldn't have happened if I Chaos Controlled somewhere else. I knew this 'what if this and that' isn't helping but I can't help but blame it on myself.

Pov Sonic:

    As me and Amy were done with our fight we met with the conclusion of me going to another date with her 2 times in one single day. I wanted to ask Shadow if he would come to some of them as a reward for winning the race as I knew my head was a bit more towards the finish mark. The only reason I want him to come is so I wouldn't be completly bored!

    I saw the sun meeting it's end so the moon can come rise up to the sky meaning that everyone should be heading back home now. I started to look for Shadow to see him putting away the gardening tools neatly because he helped out Vanilla get the garden cleaned and planted new seeds to it. 

    I started getting a bit embarrassed as I got closer to him, remembering us falling onto the garden. Geez I didn't even get to apologize to Vanilla! I'll do that later. I tapped Shads shoulder hearing nothing but silence. 

    "Umm Shades you in there?" I said starting to knock on the side of his head trying not poke myself with one of his quills.

    Before I could do anything he grabbed my arm and pinned me to the floor while the side of my face was getting squished to death by the floor. 

    "S- shadow can you let go of me?!" 

    "Not before you give me back my Chaos Emerald." He said coldly to me. 

    "Yeah I know but can you help me S-something?" 

    "What is it and fast."

    "W-well I practically have like 30 dates W-with Ames this week so I want you to come with me so I c-can pass the time!" 

    "And why would I do that?" I wanted to say because of the race but then he'll get angry at me because of the garden and for putting Cheese in danger.

    "Don't you want your Chaos Emerald or not?!" He groaned and got off of me so I could get up. 

    He was facing toward Vanilla's house while putting his hand out waiting for me to give it to him. I looked through the deepest parts of my quills to get out the shiny Emerald that is going to be given to Shadow.

    I looked at him Chaos Controlling in the shining moonlight as it was already dark outside. I could barely see him as he mostly hidden by darkness. I was wondering why he was shaking back there. I realized how late it was meaning I had get back to Tails before he starts to worry about me or accidentally stays up again. I started going full speed back to where me and Tails lived.

Rouge Pov:

    I waited in Shadows house waiting for him to come back. I was looking for him all day until I got a call from Amy saying that he was at Vanilla's place helping out with the garden that got destroyed from a race between him and the blue blur.

    I was glad he wasn't gonna be gone for another month again. When that happened he practically had a metal breakdown and I ended up finding him with some cuts on his arms along with dry blood. I've always been concerned about his metal state but that incident made me pull full action, which first started with me cooking food for him and moving in and making him see the sycolagist every now and then and even some therepist which he ended up giving them the silent treatment.

    I saw a bright light forming in the corner of my eye to end up seeing Shadow having mud all over him and breathing heavily. He tried walk past me but I wasn't letting him get away this time. I pulled him into a hug feeling my eyes get watery. 

    "Shadow I thought you wouldn't come back!"

     "I'm sorry... I just got bit overwhelmed.." I broke the hug and handed him pack of coffee beans from the table. 

    "There is nothing to be sorry about it wasn't your fault it's just your emotions are getting the better of you." I said trying my best to consult him. He was silent just looking down, so I lifted his face up a bit. 

    "Come on, where is the confident Shadow I know!" He was just silent as I saw the bags under his eyes. He must be having those dreams again. 

    "You should get some rest, I informed G.U.N that I'm going to take a bit of your work with Omega this week so you can get some rest as I know you've been overworking yourself lately." I gave him a smile and he smiled back weakly heading to his room.

   Hopefully the time off he has will get things off his mind and relax a bit. I also set up another appointment but this time I'm going by myself, as who else would know Shadow better than his own friend.