The arrival of a disturbance

Shadow Pov:

I was running a bit late in time of when I had get there. I just needed to stop by to get some food and toys for a Chao garden I plan on visiting after this whole meet up. I can just imagine the excitement of the Chao's after I give them these gifts.

I arrived soon as I saw there were many people holding hand or just discomfortably close together. I just wanted to vomit seeing all the couples of mobains walking in the park. That pink hedgehog really out did herself to even make me feel weak on my knees even looking at the place. I noticed that the blue Hedgehog wasn't even there yet for his own date.

I looked around before stepping an inch closer to the park looking for a good route so i wouldn't be seen. The only place that was available were the tree's. I started to climb up on of the big trees and started making my way to the spot Amy was at. Sonic didn't entirely say I had to hang out with him during this, all I just have do is just keep silent and follow them until they have the picknic which is the only thing I can't be 'excused' of because his friend tries overly hard on the deserts she makes.

My ears twitch slightly as i heard running nearby along with complaints from people.

"Hey Ames! I got here a bit late but I brought the drin- OWW WHAT WAS THAT FOR" I looked below me to see the 2 cotton candy hedgehogs as the pink one pulled onto the others ear.

"A BIT LATE?! YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?!" "Uhhh, 11:05?" Sonic said nervously chuckling hoping that the pink hedgehog would forgive him.

"It's 11:25 Sonic.... But I'm glad you got the drinks though! Atleast you remembered this time unlike last time!" Amy said changing her angry frown to a bright smile. Sonic on the other hand didn't look like he was paying attention because all he was doing was looking around impatiently, probably looking around if even came or not.

I started feel sudden chills but I didn't pay much mind to it. I started to lay down into the bark of the tree just watching over the two hedgehogs praying that the week would go by as soon as possible.

Sonic Pov:

I was looking everywhere for him but there was no sign of him! He said he would be here. I sighed giving up and sat next to Amy who looking at herself in a tiny mirror. He sure likes to pop up out of nowhere whenever he wants...

"Hey Sonic how do I look!"

"Yea, you look great Amy..."

"You didn't even look though! Is there something bothering you Sonic?" I looked at her and I can say the least she is getting better at using makeup but it was just alright.

"I invited Shadow here, but he didn't even arrive yet."

"It's alright Sonic, he isn't really the social type.... but you do got me after all that you can hang with!" She looked at me with a light smile knowing how hard I've been trying to befriend the hedgehog, though he mostly just looks at it as a alliance. She kept the smile on knowing that I would prefer hanging with him rather than her making me feel pretty guilty of myself

"Thanks Ames."

"No problem Sonic!" Amy then grabbed me into a tight hug making me slightly regret saying anything as it cracked my spine.

Amy continued on about how her past few days has been as I just waited for her to be finished while also putting my mind somewhere else to pass the time.

I was so out of focused that I didn't notice the butterfly caught onto my nose. I just looked at it as it just flew away upwards until I stoped looking at it to be met with red glowing eyes from a tree. At first it creeped me out wondering who would be in a tree that high up but I could tell that whoever was up there was as weirded out as me.