On Hitting Children and My Hatred For Adults

It is very common in every non-white society to hit children. For the longest time, it apparently weirded no one out to see grown adults hit people about twenty years younger than themselves and later taking pride in the fact, having "disciplined" them apparently by letting go of their own discipline and letting impulse take over. But, like many other such trends, Gen Z is set out to change that.

For a lot of people, aging is proportional to getting more power and it is a well known fact of the universe that power corrupts. And so, soon enough, as you get older, the power starts to take over and you feel yourself superior somehow, it's based in ego really. From what I've commonly observed in adults, this feeling of superiority is not always based in fact; I dare say it's a mere delusion.

For example, I've had teachers who I considered to be extremely childish and immature even as a child myself. A teacher of mine once slapped me because I unthinkingly mimicked her facial expressions out of curiosity. She took the actions of someone whose brain was about six mere years into forming to heart, hit them and proceed to brag about the deed to another teacher. She considered herself superior to me somehow, but even at that tender age, I knew both intellectually and emotionally that it was untrue to the highest degree possible, and mind you I was a pretty dumb child so it wasn't a very high bar to cross.

Isn't it fascinating how adults manipulate kids and abuse their power? They first teach us adults are always right which also implies age is directly proportional to intelligence. Second, they teach you to 'respect' them and since they condition you to believe putting your point forward is disrespect, they indirectly teach you to never question them. If you do question them, they simply hit you.

It's funny how adults usually know deep down how illogical the things they do are, yet they don't change it because once you get a taste of power, it's very difficult to back down. That's why gen z secretly and not-so- secretly scares them, we question everything, and they often don't have rational answers. A simple question can topple their entire authority, since it's often based upon age alone anyways. A simple "why" gets them angry and upset, a three letter word. If you think about it, that's kinda what Putin— *cough cough* too far? Sorry.

As comedian Karunesh Talwar put it "beta hume mat samjao, galti se kuch samajh aa gaya to?". *

I recently got to know from a second grader that his teacher hit him because she "thought" he had someone else do his homework. I remember another teacher who beat a mischievous worse than an animal and thought very high of himself as soon as he was done. He hit the little boy so hard that my entire class, who otherwise is silent never, went quite out of pure terror, even the seemingly unfazed kids. He was certain this is what was needed to be done. But my personal opinion was that he just needed an excuse to let out his pent up anger...on a seventh grader. I politely you, dear reader, to put yourself into the shoes of that child for a minute and think about the scars that event would leave forever.

I had yet another strange teacher just an year earlier, back in sixth grade. She taught Mathematics and hit me a few times. I've always been a sensitive person and so my mother politely explained the case to her and asked her one day not to hit me again. One day I got a question wrong along with the rest of the class and she gave me a punishment in a very spiteful tone; I still remember her words "bhaut sensitive ho na, abhi batati hu tumhe". What I learnt from that incident is that if you suck at your job and someone complaints, the only possible logical solution is to hit them. Yes, that will solve it. Oh what is that? You should introspect and fix what you're doing wrong? Oh but that's too much work! Hitting them and abusing your power is so much easier, don't you see? 🥺

Incidents like these are very common. But yet it's somehow disrespectful and rude if the child tries to stop the attack or retaliate in self defence. Then they would hear something along the lines of "kids these days are very rude. Back when we were children, we let our parents abuse us, such little obedient angels we were."