Mass Effect/Halo - Delicacies

You were the Shattered Spartan. A super soldier who's mind gave up while your body persevered.

Becoming clinically insane meant a lot for you. Mostly it meant you were controlled via your A.I, Ash, implanted into your brain to keep you from lashing out.

But while it meant you were only a husk of who you could have been, you still managed to enjoy some of the finer delicacies in life.

Like Hot Cocoa.

After joining Shepherds crew and serving aboard the Normandy as you prepare to face off against The Collectors, you had little time to yourself.

Most of your time aboard was spent training, learning and adapting to this new and strange universe.

Garrus was the most welcoming of all the people on the Normandy, offering friendship and information as soon as you rescued him with Shepherd on Omega.

In fact, he was the one who smuggled the Cocoa powder on board for you.

So there you sat in the mess hall, helmet beside you and a hot mug of chocolatey goodness in front of you, savouring the beverage without a care in the world as the chocolate indulgence melted into a mouth watering treat.

You had drank all of the cocoa powder over the last few weeks as you tried to use it sparingly, but it was just too damn good.

The elevator opens and you think nothing of the arguing erupting from its passengers as they disembark and continue to drink your cocoa undisturbed.

As they round the corner, you raise the mug to your lips only to have it launched across the room, shattering against the wall and sending that delicious chocolatey treat everywhere.

Garrus, having just stepped out from the forward batteries, hangs back for a moment and watch as you look at the mug as if someone had just insulted your entire bloodline.

He saw the moment of heartbreak as you realised your drink was gone.

You sighed and stood from your seat, moving over to the mess and begin to clean as Garrus watches confused and saddened by the sight.

You were just enjoying the peace and quiet when Jack and Miranda had waltzed through, with their hands almost at each other's throats, and launched your mug away from you. And now you were cleaning their mess.

Without saying a word, he walks past and leaves you alone as he moves to the elevator and proceeds to the captains quarters.

——

The next day you were sitting at the table in the same spot you had been the night prior and sat in silence as you had no more cocoa to indulge yourself with.

You did not utter a single sound and the entire crew in the shuttle bay watch the camera with heavy hearts. You weren't a bad guy, not like you were made out to be.

You were just a big teddy bear and now you had no more cocoa.

Shepherd turned her gaze to the culprits of the night prior who shrunk under her intensifying glare.

It took Grunt, Garrus and Samara to hold back Tali. Even then, the Quarian was making distance to get you more cocoa.

A/N - There's no real ending to this one, I wrote this ages ago and can't fit it into a story anywhere. Figured I'd just leave it here anyway.