Chapter 9 : Pleasant Surprises

- R O M A N - A N G E L O -

* * *

"What's the board meeting really about?" I asked Enzo and he shrugged.

"Brown wants to make some changes to the place and curriculum I guess." He said and I nodded.

I wasn't exactly in the mood to come here ad waste my time at stupid meetings like these but then I remembered that she would be there, so I forced myself to take a shower and get changed after my workout.

I was wearing one of my best black suits and had dressed up rather nicely, earning a few questioning looks from Gabriel and Enzo when they came over to pick me up.

I obviously didn't tell them about a certain blue eyed brunette running around in my head, and shook my thoughts away as I got in my favorite black car, the one I raced in with Heather the other day.

Heather.

She definitely surprised me when she came out of the car. And then I saw her tackling her brother so easily and jumping over tables and through frames like a trained person would.

She did mention she was trained because of some past experiences. I wonder what happened.

I shook my thoughts away when I heard the rumbling of cars and looked over and saw an entourage of cars heading towards the college.

"Is that Elias?" Enzo asked me and I looked closely at the entourage with them. 

A car of guards in the front, behind it a sleek black sports car and an Audi behind it. At the back another jeep of guards followed close.

I hummed in response looking at all the security. I knew he was an important person, and also an important member of the board here.

Suddenly the car at the front increased its speed a bit and so did the other cars and I furrowed my eyebrows but then heard the screeching of tires, and saw two cars surround the sleek black sports car, trapping it from all sides.

"Who's in that car?" I asked Enzo, dread settling in me and he made a few calls.

"Heather." He said suddenly and I frowned.

Why are they following her?

Suddenly the jeep in front sped up, giving the sports car enough space to slip through the gap. 

What is she doing?

The two black cars started following her immediately as she suddenly turned and entered the college gates with an incredible speed, the cars right behind her. 

Before I could comprehend what was going on, the car approaching us started honking furiously and blinking its headlights and just as it came close enough, both Enzo and I jumped back as it whizzed past us, almost running us over.