Chapter 38 : Family Reunion

"Oh my god, Heather?!" I heard Zarina's voice echoing in the cafeteria before I actually saw her and the next moment, I was pulled into a bear hug

How can she be so cheerful all the time?

"Hey Zar." I said, hugging her back. She pulled away a few moments later and grabbed my shoulders, looking me in the eye.

"Where have you been? You had us all so worried!" She exclaimed before engulfing me in a hug again and nearly knocking the air out of me.

"I needed space, like right now." I said patting her arm as she chuckled nervously before finally pulling away with a shy smile.

"Sorry I got carried away. But I'm so glad you're back! I even met Jane today, and that other British guy.. I forgot his name though.." She said pouting, making me laugh at her as we sat on an empty table.

"Dean." I told her and watched her face light up.

"Yes, exactly him. Anyhow, how are you planning to go home and face everyone?" She asked me concerned as Zephyr brought me a rather large plate of fries and brownies.

A lifesaver, I tell you.

"I don't know honestly. I guess I'll just have to wing it." I said shrugging as Jane, Matt and Dean came into view and walked over to us, smiling wide. 

I had already met them a while ago and explained everything that I could, but obviously gave Jane the longer version of me staying with Roman.

To say she was shocked and surprised would be an understatement.

But she also said it was kind of expected since he was clearly infatuated with me. 

I beg to differ.

"Hey guys. Thea." Jane said smiling as she sat across me next to Matt. Zephyr sat beside me and offered me a warm smile that would have girls swooning. 

They already were anyway. Zarina sat on other side and Dean sat next to her, much to her excitement, and I noticed it wasn't only her joy but also the way Dean was nervous around her.

They'd definitely make a cute couple.

"Do you have any more classes today?" Zephyr asked me munching on a fry as I shook  my head.

"Nope. I'm done for the day. You?" I asked him.

"Done." He answered.

"Would you take me home then?" I asked him batting my eyelashes, making him chuckle.

"Of course Heathy baby, we'll leave in ten minutes, yeah?" He asked me getting up from his seat as he pulled out his phone.

"Yeah okay." I told him as he walked away.

"Where's your ring Thea?" Zarina asked me eyeing my bare ring finger and I noticed no one was listening in.

"I gave it to Zeph for safekeeping until we went home. No one outside the family knows of the engagement, and we intend to keep it that way. All other people know is that we are in a relationship of some sort." I explained to her the same way I told Zeph and saw her nod in return.