𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 1

Warning: First of all thanks for reading. English is not my first language so there may be some mistakes. There are some swearing words along with sexual words and scenes. I might make some mistakes because I'm new to Formula 1 and I tried to research everything before writing but some things are hard to find (I accept any help you can give me tho).

Every character and name are merely representative and I do not mean to insult anyone, but someone will be the villain (or not) so if it's your idol I'm sorry. Some family names/birthdays are made up because there are pieces of information that are, obviously, not made public. Some facts and results may be changed to better fit the story.

-

♪ We're just friends, right?
Like we've been, right? ♪

December 13th, 2021 - Abu Dhabi

Charles Leclerc POV

I woke up with the biggest hangover ever, I think we celebrated too much last night. All of us rented a villa to spend the weekend of the race, drivers, girlfriends, and some family members. Today we will get back to Monaco at the end of the day, both Lorenzo and Arthur came to the party too. I went downstairs and some of them were already up.

"We drank too much" Lando says and I nod laughing.

"I know, my headache is telling me that" I say taking a cup of water and taking an aspirin before it for worse.

"Where is Charlotte?" Arthur asks looking around.

"She's outside talking to Heidi or trying to. I don't know" Daniel says uninterested.

"Baby, do you want to have lunch outside of here?" Charlotte comes asking and I find it suspicious. Why would I go out of my way to have breakfast if we can have it here with everyone?

"No, I don't want to. I will only leave this house for the airport. I'm tired, my head is aching and I want to be with the guys" I say and she looks around nervously.

"Is everything alright?" Lorenzo asks clearly suspicious too.

"Hey, has any of you gotten calls tonight?" Pierre asks coming from upstairs still sleepy with his phone in his hand.

"I don't know" I say looking at my phone which has no battery, as were Arthur's and Lorenzo's phones.

"Leah called me, like 10 times" He says and I snatch the phone from his hands and it was really her.

"Why? She has been gone for almost two years" I say and he shrugs.

"I was sleeping, I don't know" He says and I was going to call her but Heidi gets in.

"She called me too. I told her to come to meet you guys at the airport when you arrive in Monaco. She was mad" She says and the three of us look at each other.

"Did she tell you what we did?" Arthur asks confusedly.

"No, she was just saying she would end the Leclerc name if you didn't get there today. She would make sure the name wouldn't have a continuation for further generations, at least not a biological one" She says and I swallow nervously.

"Fuck" I say sitting down on the couch and thinking about what could we have done.

"Maybe it was mom, she went back to Monaco. It has to be mom" Lorenzo says and my mind was a mess.

"We have a flight in 5 hours and we will be there by 10 PM, we can find out by then" I say and they nod.

We ate and then went to the couch, we played some games and Charlotte came to sit on my lap.

"Did you know?" I ask and she looks outraged, which shows me that she did know.

"I knew she was calling Pierre, George heard his phone ringing but didn't pay much attention until this morning, and then Heidi went outside to take a call and I assumed it was her" She says and I nod.

"Why did you want to eat lunch out?" I ask and she shrugs.

"I don't know, I wanted some alone time with you before she came back" She says shrugging.

"Do you know what is happening? Why she showed up out of nowhere?"

"How would I know? I never talked to her, she left after we started dating. I don't know her" She says and I take a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, I just- I don't understand why now, I thought you may have heard the phone call and knew" I say and she hugs me.

"I would tell you if I knew, but she didn't tell Heidi. She just asked where were all of you were and why the fuck do you have phones if you don't use them" She says and I hug her back.

When the flight came, we caught the private flight Ferrari prepared for me, we went on the flight with Max and Albon too. I was nervous, really nervous.

Leah is my best friend since I was born. My parents and her parents got along great, my parents were her godparents and she was the daughter they never had. When she left, her parents never told us why and where she had gone. She never answered my calls or texts and I never got a reason. It was out of nowhere, holidays were with the two families and it was as good as always, but on the second week of January, she left.

I went to talk to her and her parents told me she wasn't home, she didn't want to be contacted and she wanted out. I did exactly the opposite, I called and texted, and I even emailed her. I called everyone we knew. She just evaporated. She never talked to Arthur or Lorenzo ever again, nor did she talk to the people on the paddock that adored her. Maybe she kept in contact with some of the wags, I always had that suspicion but I never said anything.

Now, after almost two years of missing her like crazy, I'm about to see her and she is mad at me, I don't even know why she came back, I don't even have a theory on why she left in the first place. We finally landed and Arthur hurried so he could get out of the plane faster, Lorenzo followed him while I went behind with Max.

"Don't be like that, maybe she had a reason to leave and maybe she came back for a good reason too. Maybe it's for the holidays" He says and I shake my head.

"She missed those last year. Something happened" I say and we finally get to the waiting area, everyone was looking around to find her and Charlotte tried to hold my hand, which I dodged so I could join my brothers.