𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 28

♪ Don't have to be scared at all, oh, my love
But you can't fly unless you let yourself fall ♪

Leah Dupont POV

The moment I opened the door I knew something was wrong. Arthur entered his room in front of me and Charles because our rooms were booked on the same floor. He was fine when we went to the rooms but he was drunk in the morning. I could barely understand him, I took him for a walk around the hotel because I wanted to calm him down.

He said a lot of things that I needed to make sure were real before even addressing them with Charles. I also had to bring him back and make him take a shower with his boxers on because he smelled like alcohol.

"I'm so sorry Leah, I don't even know what happened. I don't even remember what I might've said" He says after hugging me as soon as he opened the door.

"It's fine. I just think that now that you sobered up we need to talk" I say getting inside and he closes the door. He looks at me and I see the guilt in his eyes.

"I- I don't really remember it" He says sitting by my side and I turn to look at him.

"You told me you were in love with me Arthur" I was scared to even say those words. As soon as I do, the room is silent, he looks down clearly knowing he fucked up and I was dreading it because I felt like it was true.

"I'm so sorry to put you in that position, I would've never done that to you. I might even be just imagining stuff. I saw you two last night, I saw how he looked at you. I saw how his hand just positioned at your lower back. He loves you. I saw you outside the room and I left for the bar after you entered the rooms and drank because my mind was racing non-stop" He says finally looking at me and holding my hand. He was regretting it so much and I felt guilty.

"Arthur. You have Carla, she is nice, she is friendly, she is a good girlfriend, she cares about you. You love her and she loves you. I don't know what has gotten into you but whatever you felt last night or in the last couple of weeks means nothing probably" I say trying to be supportive.

"I like Carla, I really do. But since you came back my mind has been completely lost. I mean, I know you always saw me as a brother and that is why I would never say anything. Maybe it's just you coming back and having you close again. Maybe it's brotherly love, I don't know. I panicked last night and this morning. I can't lose you and I can't lose Charles" He says clearly desperate while my hand is in his two hands.

"Wait there for a second. Arthur! You are never going to lose me and even less lose your brother. We love you, above all, we are a family unit. A strange one at that. I am not blood-related to you but I would rather disappear to another country than have any of you getting mad at each other because of me" I say honestly and he smiles.

"Did I say anything else?" He asks almost scared and I try not to laugh.

"You tried to go to Charles' room to tell him too but I didn't let you. And you kissed me" I say and he covers his face with his hands.

"I didn't! Oh my god, Charles will be fuming when he hears this" He says even more embarrassed now. I give him a few minutes and he finally looks at me.

"What happened is not right for Carla. She is a great girl, you can't hide this from her. Shit happens but you have to face the consequences. Drunk or not, you kissed another person. Tell her who it was or not, but tell her" I say and he nods looking completely lost.

"I'm so sorry I kissed you and I made you go through all of that. I didn't mean to go against you and Charles. I love my brother and I know how much he loves you, I would never do it in my own sane mind. I will talk to Carla and I will talk to Charles, I will take care of everything" He says talking really fast.

"No. You can talk to Carla but I should talk to Charles, I will take care of it. But be honest. If you don't know how you feel then don't waste her time, be decent. Do to her what you would accept a guy doing to me or your mother" I say and he nods.

"Thank you so much. I swear I will never drink that much when I'm remotely close to you" He says clearly appreciative.

"If you are going to get wasted then do it close to me or your brothers. We love you and Charles will come to talk to you, maybe today or tomorrow" I say getting up.

"Do you love him or are you still unsure?" He asks also getting up and looking me in the eyes.

"It's complicated but we shouldn't talk about it for now. You have a lot of reflection to do on yourself" I say and he smiles.

"You are the best Leah" He says hugging me a last time.

"Tell me that after I've explained to your own brother how it happened" I say letting out a laugh. I kiss his cheek and leave. I knock on Charles' door and it quickly opens to a Charles with no shirt on.

"Hey. I thought it would've taken longer. Is he alright?" He asks giving me a smile.

"He is but we need to talk" I say and he makes space for me to enter before closing the door. I take a few deep breaths while thinking of how I would tell him that.

"Just let it out. There's nothing that bad to be said" He says sitting on his bed. I stood in front of him and prepared to drop the bomb.