𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 19

♫ I've got nothing left to give
And you give me nothing now ♫

Charles Leclerc POV

Dinner went smoothly besides some stupid jokes and boring subjects our parents thought were a good idea.

"So, you slept with her after the party uh?" Lorenzo asks when our parents were in the kitchen and I think Leah was too.

"Yeah, just slept so don't imagine things" I say calmly and they smile.

"And that is good enough for me. I am happy you broke up with Charlotte. Finally" Lorenzo says proudly.

"Where is Leah?" Arthur asks looking around confused, that's when we see she wasn't in the kitchen.

"Maybe she is on the balcony" I say getting up to look for her.

I look there, but nothing. In the guest bathroom, nothing. I go into my room and there she was. She wasn't particularly happy. She was looking outside my window and turned around when I got in.

"Did something happen?" I ask worriedly.

"Nope, I'm fine" She says preparing to leave.

"Can you stop lying to me? I can pretend to believe it once or twice but it's been a few times already. Don't you trust me anymore? It's fine if you don't" I say standing between her and the door.

"I trust you but I don't think you need to know every single detail"

"I want to know but I probably don't need to know. I know you think it's better if I don't know but I can deal with it, I'm here for you either way" I say and she nods with a small smile.

"I know Charles"

"Come here" I say opening my arms and she hugs me.

"I'm okay, I was just remembering some things" She says and I nod.

We went to the living room and played some games to spend the night, Leah was winning most of them as she always did. The time to open gifts came and she got mine spot on. I looked at her and she smiled.

"Don't you dare say you didn't like it. You've been asking for it for a long time" She says and I hug her.

"Thank you" I say before she got to open all the gifts she lost.

She spent 2 birthdays and one Christmas away from us and all of us bought her gifts. She opened mine last and sat in my lap so she could hug me.

"You are the best" She whispers as we hugged.

"You too baby" I say excitedly.

"Thank you guys, for still buying me gifts" She says even though she already hugged them.

"We never knew when you were coming back so we treated you like you were here. We even ate cake anyway" Lorenzo says shrugging.

"Are you staying after the holidays?" Her mother asks her and everyone focuses on her and she leans back using me as her support and I smile at her.

"I don't know, I might stay. I have to see about my job and other things" She says and her parents smile.

"I can get you something in Ferrari" I say and she smiles.

"I don't need shortcuts. Thank you though"

"It's no shortcut, they've been talking about you entering the PR team a few times" I say seriously and she seems pleased.

"Are you two alright? Have you talked about what happened 2 years ago?" Her mom asks and I see the look Leah gives her, she was hiding something still,

"We are just like we were before, we both know enough to have worked it out" She says trying to end the subject and trying to get up to follow her parents as they left for the kitchen. I held her waist softly and sat her down.

"Give me a few minutes" I whisper and she nods understanding what I meant.

"Is it true that you and Charlotte are over?" Mom asks and I nod with a smile. "I'm glad, I always preferred Leah over any girl you might bring home"

"No. That wouldn't work" Leah says and I finally let her get up.

"Why?" Lorenzo asks curiously but I knew he wanted to tease her.

"Because I say so" She says leaving for the kitchen.

"Did you two kiss? I can feel the sexual tension" Mom says and I look at her shocked.

"Mom! Come on" I say trying to end it there.

"I can sense it. Now I know you two kissed. I'm happy. I want that, Charlotte and you should have no type of contact, that will be the only way she would try anything further with you" Mom says before for the kitchen.

"Mom is right. The sexual tension is almost palpable" Arthur says and I roll my eyes.

"There is still a lot to go through. She doesn't fully trust me, I don't know details of why she left, I can't protect her as much as I would like to" I say and they nod.

"She will tell you when the time is right" Arthur says and I nod.

"Do you think mom knows it all?" I ask doubting it. They were talking about it in the kitchen, I had that feeling.

"She doesn't know. Mom would've killed Charlotte if she knew it was Charlotte who made her leave. She may know a bit more but I don't think she knows more than you" Lorenzo says and I nod.

We started playing against each other while they didn't come back. They were taking some time, I just knew they were talking about it. I could feel it on their faces every time I looked into the kitchen. I wouldn't force her to tell me. It's stressful not knowing. It's stressing me how much I want her but I can't have her, just like last night. I had her and then I didn't, she just jumped out.

She remembered something, I know it. But I don't know what. I wanted the best for her and if I give her those reactions then maybe I'm not the best. I got distracted by a game and the next thing I knew my name was being called out in desperation.

"CHARLES! WE NEED YOU HERE" My mom screams from the kitchen.

The three of us let everything and ran to the kitchen where I saw Leah on the floor sobbing in a fetal position. I asked everyone to leave and got closer to her, sat on the ground by her side, and hugged her.

"Everything is alright Leah" I say in a calming tone while caressing her arms and her back trying to calm her down. Why is she having a panic attack?