𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 25

♪ You're the smile on my face
And I ain't goin' nowhere ♪

Charles Leclerc POV

Having Leah back was great. I had to leave for Italy for some training sessions for Ferrari and some reunions. Leah agreed to come, Arthur, Lorenzo, Andrea, my trainer, and Joris, a close friend, also came with us.

"I'm glad to see you Leah" Mattia Binotto, Ferrari's team principal says as soon as we arrived and I looked confusedly at them.

"Me too Mattia. Could we talk about it after the reunion?" She asks and he nods happily.

"I would like that" He says before turning to me. "How are you doing? Ready for the new season?"

"I'm more ready than ever" I say looking at Leah.

"I predicted you would say that. Let's get to work" He says and we do so.

When the meeting ended we went to eat something before I could train for a bit. Carlos came with me and was as surprised as me.

"What are Leah and Mattia talking about? That was unexpected" He says watching them from afar.

"I don't know. She asked if she could come with me to Italy, and I would never refuse. My brothers, Joris and Andrea are outside and she decided to come inside. Do you think she had a work offer from Mattia? He would talk to me before, right?" I ask and he just shrugs.

"I don't really know. She would be a good person on the team. Maybe she finally decided to hear a job offer from Ferrari. He has been trying since he saw how good she was doing in Monaco for that company" He says not really worried and I nod.

"Are you guys ready for some outside training? I will meet you in a bit" Mattia says and we nod.

"Is Leah staying?" I ask looking at Leah who stayed in the meeting room, nervously looking around.

"We have some things to talk about but I will take her there, don't worry" He says and leaves.

"It must be about work, I don't see any other reason for them to talk privately and away from you" Carlos says while we walked outside.

We got into training but I always had that in the back of my mind. We got out of the car and Leah was talking with my brothers while waiting for me. She smiled when I came closer and I took off my helmet and the balaclava.

"You looked great. I missed seeing you on a car in person" She says excitedly.

"I missed seeing you as soon as I got out of the car. I like it" I say giving her a quick hug.

"Can we talk?" She asks and I nod.

"Come with me" I say and she follows me so I could change back into my clothes. "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah. I wanted to talk to you, I've been thinking about this but I didn't want to spring it on you and I wanted your opinion. Ferrari made me an offer after they knew I had gone back to Monaco" She says and I'm happily surprised. I wanted it. I wanted her by my side, 24/7 if I could.

"What offer? Did you take it?" I ask curiously.

"They want me to take care of Carlos' Public Relations. Basically taking care of his image" She says and I am pleased.

"That sounds good. I am assuming it offers you better payment, right? Do you have more benefits here?" I ask and she nods with a smile.

"It is good, yes. I was thinking of accepting. Mattia laid it all out for me. All that I had a right to, what I would be doing and what he would expect of me. He had the contract printed out and I read it. It's not an internship, he saw what I'm capable of in a smaller company so he thinks it will be fine. I just want your opinion" She says nervously.

"Accept it. I will take whatever extra minute I might get with you. Also, Carlos is great. He does not have that big of a need for image control. You will just be running his social media accounts and interviews, you will be great" I say excitedly. I am also happy to know I had nothing to do with this.

"I will take it then. But I hope you know that we should not be inappropriate anywhere near the team. I know we get carried away sometimes but that can't happen on the job. That would be too complicated" She says and I smirk instantly.

"We are complicated, you know it" I say finally taking the suit off.

"I don't like complicated things, you should know it by now" She says turning around and I laugh.

"We will see about that ma chérie" I say going to take a quick shower. I get out and she was gone. I saw her outside talking to Arthur.

"So, now Leah is on my team" Carlos says teasing me and I laugh.

"You are fortunate, I hope you know it. There is no one better" I say excited for her to work with us.

"Are you two dating? Do I need to ask for more discretion from both?" Mattia asks joining us and I shake my head.

"We are not dating, for now" I say and they both laugh.

"Well, when you are please keep the PDA a bit low. People already know you are connected but they will be all up in your business if they know you are dating. That can start a lot of unnecessary rumors" He says seriously and I knew he was looking out for everyone.

"You don't need to worry about it, people would never notice even if we were dating" I say calmly and we arrive where they were.

"Leah told us the news. You must be excited" Joris says happily.

"I am, I am feeling lucky today" I say excitedly and she just smiles before starting to walk off.

"We should have a dinner to celebrate this new chapter in Leah's career" Arthur says excitedly and I nod.

"I will make some reservations, Pierre is at home. He can come here from Milan" I say picking up my phone and calling for the dinner reservations. And Pierre quickly confirmed he would be there.