Chapter XVI

Y/N POV

I was in bed with Artemis who was asleep in bed with me. I smirked while playing with her hair when Grayfia walked into the room.

Grayfia: My Lord~. Your Mother is here.

Y/N: Oh? This is unexpected. Let her in though~.

Grayfia: Of course, my lord.

Grayfia then allowed my mother to walk into my bedroom and I was impressed by what she was wearing.

Y/N: Well Hello mother~. You look very beautiful~.

Eve: Hehe~. T-Thank you, Y/N.

Y/N: Is there something you need?

Eve: I've been thinking about what you said before you released Riseth...and well I've come to realize that you're right. I'd like to talk to you in private.

Y/N: Alright. I gotta go Artemis.

Artemis: Alright~.

I then got out of bed and used demonic power to dress myself before walking into my mother's room. We then sat down on her bed.

Y/N: So what's on your mind?

Eve: Well I've been thinking about everything that has happened recently and the fact the gods have actually betrayed has been burning I my mind for awhile... It also hurts that I was created with Adam from god and that what your father and I worked so hard for is now being destroyed? It honestly hurts a lot...

Y/N: You feel guilty in a way don't you?

Eve: Yeah...

Y/N: *Hugs Eve* Mom. It's not your fault that all this has happened. It never will be. You don't have to worry though. I'll fix this~. I promise.

Eve: That's not all... I...I'm mad at myself for being created by god... Before all this happened, I found comfort in the Bible and I remember reading you, Abel, and Cain some of my favorite stories from the Bible but now...it feels so wrong and I find myself despising it every time I see it! I-I never thought I'd say this but...I...I-I...*growls slightly* I hate that fucking book! *hugs Y/N tightly while crying* Were all the good things we were promised a cruel fucking joke?! Were we created just to be playthings for gods?! What's the purpose of humanity?! I don't understand anymore and I HATE IT! I HATE BEING A CREATION OF AN APATHETIC GOD! I HATE IT!

As my mother sobbed into my chest, I felt bad about seeing her so far into despair and when Riseth appeared, I was about to tell her to not say anything but Riseth walked over and patted Eve, trying to comfort her. I smiled and ran my hand through my mother's hair and kissed her forehead frequently to let her know I was here for her. Once she calmed down a bit, she frowned at me with teary eyes.

Eve: I'm sorry...I-

Y/N: It's okay. I understand that you're struggling to comprehend the betrayal. It must be very difficult for you...

Eve: Mmhmm... I find myself hating being human...

Riseth looked at me with disbelief before smirking. She then winked before kissing Eve's cheek and disappearing.

Riseth: {Why not give her an escape~?}

Y/N: {Very well. But I won't force her.}

Riseth: {I understand.}

Y/N: Mom...

Eve: Yes?

Y/N: I understand that you're not exactly happy about being human so I'm willing you an offer you a chance to escape and become a devil instead. If you don't want to, I completely under-