Timeskip

~Your P.O.V~
It's been a week since Jack first visited and I haven't seen him again around. I came back to work the next day and I went to the ranger's cottage when my shift was over to ask him if he knows anything about Jack. The ranger had a bit of a hard time on finding out any documents on Jack and the guy himself didn't tell me his last name too.

"Why are you so interested in this Jack guy?" the ranger asked. "He went over last week and he asked me if I know what happened the past year." I explained. I added that I wanted to know how he knew and if he had some sort of connection with the incident. "Did he ask you about the monster?" the ranger asked again. "He didn't." I shortly answered.

The ranger then asked again if I asked Jack anything and I told him that I wanted to know how Jack knew about the fire. "And what did he say?". "He said that he just wanted to make sure of things." I gave the same answer Jack gave me. The ranger nodded and told me that he'll let me know if he finds anything.

Now it's a week later and so far, there were no new news from the ranger but the good news is that I haven't seen that deer monster again in a week! But when you think of it... that thing hasn't showed up for seven nights straight right after I met Jack. Nah... that doesn't make any sense. I'm just randomly connecting things.

I had asked the ranger if I can take the night shift tonight and he asked me back if I really want to do it. He's still concerned about my incident a while back. I told him that I want to give it a shot while I was secretly hoping that I can survive the night. The ranger sighed, "Alright, you can do your night shift." And granted me permission. "Just... be careful, okay?". "I will, sir." I tried not to sound nervous.

After dinner, I put my uniform back on and went back to the tower with my rifle and flashlight in hand. I also brought a lighter as a backup if my flashlight ran out of power. It's usually uncomfortable to walk in the forest at night, especially when there's a literal monster lurking in the dark! I really hope that I can made through the first night.

I arrived at the tower and climbed up. I usually find leftovers over the past week like someone has been using the place. The morning I went back, I found one of the windows broken and some of the emergency supplies were used as a makeshift bed. It wasn't really a trouble aside from the broken window but it went annoying when it's been going for the entire week.

I got it fixed and decided to leave the door unlocked for the night. But I never really thought that whoever's using the place is a robber or trying to sabotage the place. Everything is weirdly still intact even though some were a bit out of place. Still, no one's free renting the place now that I'm doing the night shift.

I turned on the radio and reported in, "This is (y/n) reporting for the night shift.". "(y/n)?" it was Sheriff Powell's voice. He worriedly asked if I'm up to the night shift and I answered, "It's worth a shot.". Sheriff Powell sighed, "Alright and be careful. I don't want to lose another watchman that I already have.". "I hope I can last until morning but I will, sir." I logged off and grabbed a flashlight before patrolling.

For a while, the place is kinda scary but I'm a bit relaxed when the moonlight shine through the trees. I patrolled around for a few hours through the path I'm familiar with and so far, there's nothing weird but I'm not letting my guard down. As usual, I never took off my rifle. I think at this point, I became too attached to it.

I got to the spot again and it was empty as I expected but oddly, there were no new dirt mounds. That thing couldn't just disappear, could it? or did someone or something cleaned it up? I'm not sure even if the most sadistic and psychopath person would chew off human flesh like it's like cooked chicken. The last incident I heard was that there was a group camping around and about two or three people disappeared and the rest left without their belongings.

I walked back to the tower and thankfully no one or nothing followed me. "Tonight went surprisingly well..." I nervously said to myself while climbing up the stairs and went inside to give my report. While I was on the radio, I heard footsteps going up the stairs. "I'll call you back, Sheriff." I abruptly ended the transmission and went to the door.

The handle was rattling and it stopped when I hold it. I slowly unlocked the door and swung it open, "Who's there!" I pointed my gun too. "Easy!" it was Jack, holding up his hands in defense. "It's just me.". "Jack! What are you doing here?" I asked and I was surprised to see him. "I... I've been using the place... for a while now..." he gradually muttered while answering.

"You were the one who's been sleeping here?" and I was surprised to hear that too. He was too embarrassed to answer. "Well... I guess I can't be mad at you." I sighed a smile and reminded him not to steal anything from the tower. "Since you asked then... okay." Jack reluctantly agreed. "Can I come in now?". "Oh! Sure!" I let him in and he asked what I was doing. "I was reporting to the sheriff.". "Patrol?" I nodded at his question.

"You've been sleeping here for the entire week?" Jack nodded at mine. I told him that I thought he lived nearby. "You... can say it like that." he vaguely responded. "Where have you been?" I curiously asked. Jack went silent for a bit and answered, "Just... around.". "Around? Around where?" I was not convinced. He went silent again and didn't answer my question.

Jack then went to the other side of the room and I continued my report to Sheriff Powell. He heard the background noises from Jack and Sheriff Powell asked who was making the ruckus. I lied that I had my cousin for a visit and he's just inspecting the place. "But don't worry, sir. I told him not to touch any of the controls or supplies." I reassured Sheriff Powell and they said okay. I ended my report and hung up the radio.

I turned my attention to Jack and apparently, he had set up the place while I was doing my report. "Have you had dinner yet?" I asked. "A bit later." He shortly answered and asked back, "How about yourself?" I told him that I already ate before coming here. "Do you want me to—-". "No, no it's fine." He quickly declined and told me that he'll get it himself.

(The next morning...)

~Jack's P.O.V~
I woke up again in a shock and I'm in the tower again. I noticed the bottom half of my face was bloody again. 'Have to clean up again...' I sighed at the thought. I looked to my side and (y/n) was still sleeping. She's one of the nice people I've met in a long time. "What's a guard if you're asleep on the job?" I whispered with a smirk and sighed a chuckle.

I carefully got up and left a note before climbing down the tower. "Did I actually got back here when I was in that form?" the realization hit me but my memory is still a haze. I shook it off and went to the creek again to wash up.

"You fell asleep but don't worry. Nothing weird happened. I took care of it. Don't have to owe me. – Jack"

A.N : Hey, guys! I'm still alive and I've been in a wreck last week. I'm now on my test week and it's back online again until the rest of the year tho I hope it's only until the rest of the semester. It's fine if I have to follow the campus policy but I hate it when house arrest is in the equation too! Yes, I'm on house arrest now and I hate it. *sigh* hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and I'll see you in the next one... RD out! Boi!!