05

//TW//
this chapter has scenes of SA in it, if you are easily triggered or uncomfortable reading scenes like that, I highly suggest skipping that part OR skip the chapter in its entirety!

//TW// this chapter has scenes of SA in it, if you are easily triggered or uncomfortable reading scenes like that, I highly suggest skipping that part OR skip the chapter in its entirety!

________

I've been in love with my bestfriend, Kadian Cardigan for as long as I can remember.

In sixth grade, social studies class everyone was instructed to get in an circle and hold hands. Some "learning" exercise.

Thinking none if it, when I first attempted to hold Kadian's hand electricity sparked inside my body, my heart ached and sped up uncontrollably.

It was the weirdest feeling I'd ever experienced. I yanked my hand back immediately and refused to go along with the exercise, Kadian annoyed and impatient told me; "Come on, I don't have germs or anything. Hurry up so we can get this over with already." I hated it but I did it anyway, heat rushing into my face.

I never knew how to handle my feelings, I had never been shown what "love" was or what it was supposed to be, my parents rarely even glanced in my direction nor in each other's.

Most of the time being overseen by maids or nannies. My older siblings, Mia and Leighton were my only companions in— what would've been a pretty shitty childhood.

Even though I never liked to say it— I loved them. I loved them more than they would ever know, more than they could imagine and they loved me.

But that would only remain true for one. 

Me and Leighton had always been close, being one year apart how could we not? Due to me and my sister (Mia) being 6 years apart, I grew up with Leighton.

Showing me the love that our parents failed to elicit. Leighton and I were as thick as thieves, we did particularly everything together. Once, even crashing a car at the age of 8 and 9.

I looked up to my brother, idolizing him to probably an unhealthy amount as people do celebrities and in doing so, couldn't tell him about my crush on my best friend.

I had no doubt that my brother would support me no matter what but the mere possibility that he wouldn't? Terrified me.