16

Friday, December 25th, 2022

Christmas Day

2:39 p.m

__

Alea John spent every Christmas with her aunt, Avi Miles ever since her mother and uncle died.

Her mom would always make small desserts like cake pops, mini cheesecakes, oreo truffles and even fluffy soufflé japan pancakes.

The fiuffly soufflés were always her favorite.

She didn't use to get many presents, 5 to 7 at most.

But each one was always so thought out and magical to her. One christmas her mother and uncle got her a large personalized heart shaped sculpture with a little lettering inside, a note to Alea.

Till this day that's the best gift she's ever received.

Alea took the first flight out the day school let out for the holidays, it was always solace spending time with Avi.

Of course, she has cousins and more aunts and uncles but she rarely ever felt connected to them. Avi was the one who took her in and raised her like her own,  Alea will never forget that.

..

5:44 p.m

Due to Hayden having a key to Leighton's place and due to Leighton not being home since he was out getting Mia from the airport, he and Alea had free reign of Leighton's place.

And since Jamie and Aidan weren't going to be available until 6:00 because they were spending time with their families and Leighton wouldn't be home until then either because the airport was almost 2 hours away from his loft..

Alea had an idea.

Before she left for Michigan Alea had bought a bunch of Christmas decorations, she assumed that Leighton wouldn't have any up since he probably wasn't feeling the Christmas spirit after his parents canceled their dinner.

Once again.

She knew he probably bought everyone gifts (aside from her, of course) but other than that, the Christmas spirit was lost with him.

So, Alea went home days earlier than she was supposed to and had Hayden help her with a sort of surprise for him.

"Oh my god." Hayden breathes.

The living room was adorned with fairly lights, garlands, shimmering ornaments, and a beautifully adorned Christmas tree that reached towards the ceiling, casting a glow upon the room.

"This is incredible." He says, looking down at her.

Alea smiles slightly, "It's nothing really. Just lights and decorations. And in any case, you helped me." 

Hayden shakes his head.

"I didn't help you get the idea." He starts,