18

Saturday, January 24th, 2023

9:32 p.m

_____

"Anytime you have the urge to drink, I'll drink for you." I tell Hayden as he looks desperately at the bottles of alcohol lined up.

He groans, "Just one shot wouldn't hurt."

"Yes. Yes it would. Now come dance with me."

"Dance? You?" He laughs, looking me up and down.

I roll my eyes at his lack of confidence in me. I can let loose sometimes too, I've done it before. But for a little confidence boost, I take a shot. It's extremely disgusting and vile, but one shot can't hurt.

One shot turned to two and two turned to three and so on and so on. I don't think I intended to get that drunk but everytime Hayden would complain about wanting one, I would have one for him.

It was a stupid attempt of trying to help him with his own urges, but I suppose it worked a little as he was now the one having to look after me, instead of the other way around.

I'm not sure when or how, but somehow I managed to escape Hayden and made my way through the house party.

And as the night progresses, I can feel the music pumping, the energy electrifying, and I can feel the adrenaline coursing through my veins.

I can feel the rhythm taking control of my body.

My feet are moving to the beat, my hips swaying in sync with the music. The crowd around me becomes a blur as I immerse myself in the pulsating energy of the dance floor.

My heart is pounding with exhilaration. I close my eyes and surrender to the music, allowing it to guide my movements.

But amidst this bustling crowd, a familiar face appears.

Leighton.

His eyes lock with mine, and it feels like the world around me fades away. There's something so bewitching about him, an aura that draws me in continually.

I can't help but wonder what lies behind his gaze.

His eyes are filled with curiosity and intrigue. It's as if he's trying to unravel the layers of my soul just by looking at me. I feel a magnetic pull, a connection that goes beyond words.