Chapter 9: Found

Chariot always took her time when it came to leaving any event. She liked to watch the different kind of people leave, and the eventual near silence of the impressive room. An otherwordly experience she always took time to appreciate. The best part was when she did finally go home, with no crowds or loud chatter to bother her peaceful walk from red carpet to the car that was waiting for her. Even if it was a lonely experience, but she couldn't blame her closest associates for eventually leaving.

How much she had dreamed of letting this experience be shared at least once with her precious grandchildren.

Entering the car she would look outside, seeing her driver walking by yet at the same time hearing the brash opening and closing of the door of the front seat. It became stranger as the car suddenly speeded forward, the faint yell of her driver missed in between the car's roaring and Chariot's old ears.

That didn't stop her from getting annoyed by this reckless driving though. "Ilya! Slow down, you're going to get us hi-"

"I'm not Ilya!" Hannah said as she turned for a moment, a gasp leaving Chariot's lips while Hannah went back to the road. Narrowly avoiding one potential crash after the other.

"If you think you can get away with kidnapping me then you have another thing coming!" Chariot exclaimed. "Now I demand you stop this car immediately!"

"If that is the only way to get you to talk to them, then I'll take it." Hannah stated before fully focusing on the road. A gasp left Chariot before she grumbled at the window, not believing this stubbornness.

"You have no limits do you? Just try to get us there in one piece at least..."

Much to both Chariot's thanks and chagrin the car did arrive right in front of Jasminka's house much to her surprise, almost as surprised as how unscathed the car was after Hannah's joyride. Though she couldn't say the same for her heart.

Hannah stormed out of the driver's seat and up to Chariot's, slamming open the door. "Talk to them, that's the least you can do!"

Chariot however would not even glance at Hannah, looking forward while not moving an inch.

The anger Hannah was upholding began to crack as a choke was heard coming from her. "Please...just go see them for a moment. I beg of you."

"Your crocodile tears will not work on me-" A gasp left Chariot as Hannah grabbed her hand, collapsing to the floor.

"Please," Repeated Hannah. "see them. There is a scared lonely person there who is longing so badly to have someone in their life love them...just like you."

With wide eyes Chariot looked at Hannah's. She wanted to free her own hand and glare at the con artist at this obvious trick...and yet something was so raw about her words that Chariot could detect no lie.

Was Hannah that good? Or perhaps?

Chariot sighed. "You truly have no limits..."

~

Your temporary room was a mess, what was not destroyed from your outburst at being used by Hannah of all people would be as you threw what you still owned into your suitcase. Breathing heavily as you continuously ranted in mumbles. About this lie you were led to believe, how Hannah was nothing more but a scoundrel who could never l-

The rant was put on hold as you came across the music box Hannah gave you on the boat. The music box that was supposedly yours, a part of you wanted to throw it away alongside the other lies and yet - it felt so familiar.

What were your memories anymore?!

You were once again interrupted by knocking on the door. A glare quickly returns on your face. "Go away Hannah!" While putting the music box down however the door was opened, you turned and gasp. Seeing none other than Chariot du Nord. "O-Oh, hello miss."