bonding with wednesday

There was something so fascinating about Wednesday Adams to Enid. Her mysterious behavior, the way she would occasionally soften her tone, the way she braids her hair. Everything about her was so alluring to Enid.

Enid always found herself dazing off in class, thinking about her roommate. She was so quiet and it just made Enid want to know her better even more.

She found her interests and hobbies interesting as the girl had talked a little bit about them. She wasn't against talking, she was just private. Extremely private. Where was Enid is an oversharer.

She had learnt some of the Adam's family traditions, mostly from overhearing Wednesday talk to Thing.

"Enid, your leg.. it's shaking the table." Her table mate whispered, Enid looked up to see a few people staring at her.

"Sorry, I was distracted."

Enid walked to her dorm room, hoping to see her roommate Wednesday.

She opened the door, holding back a squeal when she saw her sitting on her bed.

She walked in, shutting the door behind her.

"You know, if you just stay in here all the time, you'll never make any friends." "I already have to deal with your clinginess." Enid frowned, "I'm not clingy." "You are, Thing agrees."

Enid rolled her eyes, "How was your day." "Dreadful." Enid smiled, "Isn't that the way you like it?" Wednesday didn't respond, she instead laid down, her back against the cold mattress.

"What are you doing?" "Staring at the ceiling, I see you do this all the time." "Are you making fun of me?" Enid asked, confused. "No, it's not completely horrible." Enid smiled, "Can I join you?" Wednesday didn't say anything, she just moved over. Enid had to hold back her excitement as she laid next to her, their shoulders and hands brushing against each other.

"Maybe we could put some more.. decorations on your roof? I know you don't like color so we could find some black and grey ones." Wednesday looked over at her, "What do you have in mind?"

"I'm not sure.. you don't want anything that would project light so no glow in the dark stars, we could do some bats on a string hanging from the ceiling?" Wednesday thought the idea was stupid, but Enid loved decorating. "Sure."

"Wednesday?" "Enid."

Enid turned on her side, admiring Wednesday's features. Wednesday's expression seemed relaxed, her eyes seemed so bright for somebody so dark.

"How would you describe me?" "Loud, colorful and persistent." "That was.. expected."

"Well what about me?" Wednesday asked, turning onto her side to face Enid.

Enid tensed up, noticing how close they now were. "Gloomy, mysterious.. caring." Wednesday held back her smile, "Caring?" She asked.

"You care about me, you won't ever admit it but.." "Goodnight Enid." Enid frowned, "Already?" Wednesday nodded.

Enid leaned up, but stopped halfway when she felt a tug on her shirt.

"Stay." Wednesday requested - demanded?

"Ok." Enid smiled widely, laying back beside Wednesday.