paperthin

Enid used to hate the sound of a typewriter in the middle of the night, or the loud cello that would fill the silent night with noise, when Wednesday would make her odd comments towards her. She never actually hated the girl herself, just her annoying habits.

As for Wednesday she still hates the loud music Enid will play close to midnight, when she cries loudly, when the werewolf clumsily drops objects onto the hardwood floor, her grammar in her blog, even the way she walked had irked her at one point.

But now these were things Wednesday tolerated, because Enid tolerated things the goth herself had done even when she obviously hated it.

So for once, Wednesday decided to do the same thing.

She pulled Enid back in for another hug, not knowing any other way to comfort the injured girl.

She felt Enid tighten her grip on Wednesday's back, pulling on her clothes.

She tolerated the touch because Enid needed it. There had been many other times Wednesday had allowed the girl to make contact with her, this time was different. She could feel tight knots in her stomach, almost in a suffocating way. She would normally enjoy these feelings, but she couldn't think of anything besides the way Enid was holding onto her as if this was the last time they would see each other.

She didn't hate it.

Enid pulled away first, "Sorry, I know you aren't a hugger." She said, wiping her own tears.

Wednesday admired her, the open wounds, messy hair, dirt covered face, the blood that covered her and stained her clothes and skin. She looked so beautiful in the moment and for once Wednesday had wished she had given in to technology, she would do anything to be able to take a picture of Enid like this.

"Thank you for earlier." Wednesday spoke, her voice was shaking.

For a second, Wednesday had wondered if Enid would come back. She wondered if the last time she ever saw Enid was the first time Enid ever got to 'wolf out'. And for once, she thinks it would've been miserable.

She thinks it would have been miserable having the room fully dull, quiet, and arranged. She has grown to enjoy Enid's company, and her companionship.

She never felt like this with Tyler, or Xavier. She felt sick, in a good but bad way and for once she was scared.

"Don't do that ever again." She spoke again, more stern and steady this time. Enid looked shocked, but gave her a soft smile. "I would do anything for your safety, and hey! Now you can check out my awesome wolf anatomy." The blonde said with a wink.

And yet again, Enid Sinclair, Wednesday Addams' counterpart, had the goth blushing.

Maybe even on the verge of smiling, but of course, she covered it all up.

"Great, I'll set up the table and we can start the dissection process by tonight."