it's not weird

"Have you ever kissed anyone Wens?" "Two people, Joel and Tyler." Enid's brows raised quickly, "Joel?" "Young love, nothing important. You've kissed Ajax, is he the only person you've kissed?" "Nope, there was this vampire I had a fling with. Guess I've always had a thing for creepy girls y'know." Enid paused once she realized Wednesday was blushing, she wasn't aware of what she had said.

Enid noticed the awkward silence, she hated the quiet. "I think you're more spooky than creepy." "So you don't have a 'thing' for me." Enid bit her lip, "That would be weird, wouldn't it." Enid said, letting out a pitiful laugh. "It's not weird." The blonde blinked, her mind blank. "Enid?" "Y-Yeah?" She stammered. "It wouldn't be weird."

-

It had been awkward between the two since that conversation and she hadn't seen Wednesday for weeks, at least school would be starting back soon. Until then she could only talk to everyone through her phone.

"Yoko, hey!" "Is this about your crush?" "Yeah, I think she knows..?" Yoko laughed, "She definitely does pup, are you blind?" Enid blinked, "What?" "Yeah, but I gotta go babes, nap time." "Bye Yoko, sweet dreams!" "Night Enid."

'Not helpful.' Enid thought to herself, groaning into her pillow. She was sick of being home, she couldn't stand her mother, and while she loved her brothers they were too much for her. She missed Wednesday.

Maybe she was up right now, maybe she missed her too? It wouldn't hurt to try.

Enid pressed call, waiting patiently for Wednesday to answer.

"Wednesday, hi!" "Hi Enid, is this important?" "Not really, I just missed your voice." "Oh, ok." "How was your day?" "Gloomy. The flowers you got me died." "I'll get you more, we go back to school next week!" "I know, I'm not excited to see your explosion of color." "You're excited to see me though, right?" "Yes, maybe we could continue with our dissection?" "Don't think so." Enid said, smiling. "Ok, I'll leave you alone now, bye Wens." "Bye."