t w o

“call you later [y/n],” said henry, as i got out of the car. coming from him, it sounded like a threat.

i waved as belch pressed the gas again, leaving me at my house. i looked around to see denbrough pulling his bike, walking home. he turned and walked into the house directly across the street from mine. it’s incredibly unfortunate that we live so close to each other.

i walked into my home and threw my stuff down by the door. “i’m here!” i called out.

“hi!” came my mothers voice from the kitchen. “how was your day?”

“boring. the usual.”

“at least you’re on summer break now.”

i laughed. “yeah.”

i went upstairs and into my bedroom. i sat down on my bed, feeling exhausted from the school day, and ready to take a nap. i pulled a blanket over me and laid down. i closed my eyes and tried to clear my head so i could sleep restfully. it was difficult, but i eventually managed to drift into what was at first a very comfortable sleep. it was soon ruined when i had begun to dream.

i sighed joyfully as i rode my bike around the town. the wind whipping against my face and blowing my hair back felt amazing in the heat of the derry summer. it was a beautifully warm day, and i was by myself for the first time in a while. i was enjoying myself for the first time in a while as well.

i stopped my bike when i heard the loud rev of an engine behind me. i recognize that noise anywhere. belch stopped the car when henry, who was in the passenger seat, was lined up with me. “what are you doing out here alone?” he questioned.

“just riding my bike through town, henry.”

“is that so? did i tell you it was okay to do that?”

“i didn’t realize i needed your permission to do everything.”

“don’t back talk me. remember what happened last time? last time you got hurt.”

“i know. i-i’m sorry. don’t hurt me this time. can i get in the car?”

“no. you can walk home.”

“i don’t want to go home. it’s a nice day. i want to be outside.”

henry opened the door and began walking towards me. my breath quickened as i prepared for his reaction. he grabbed my hair, holding it tightly. his grip was so harsh that he was basically pulling my head back.

“that hurts. please l-let go.”

“i didn’t ask what you wanted. i told you to go home.”

“okay! i’ll go home! please let me go!”

“no. you already disrespected me. and now i’m going to show you what happens when you disrespect me.” he pulled his fist back, ready to hit me.

“[y/n]!” my mom shouted, waking me up just in time.

“what?” i called back to her.

“come help me make dinner, please!”

“can’t you do it on your own?”

“[y/n] get out here and help me right now.”

“fine!” i groaned.

i got up and went to the kitchen where my mom was preparing my dad and i dinner for later tonight while she was away at work.

-