e i g h t e e n

i was laying in bed, the memory of bill and bev playing in my head over and over. i was on the edge of tears again and i don't know why. why am i crying over someone who's probably not even thinking about me?

i had to wipe the tears quickly when for the first time in a while i heard the familiar knocks on my window. i checked my mirror to make sure i looked presentable and then walked over to my window. to my surprise, it wasn't bill; it was richie, stanley, and eddie. "what are you guys doing here?"

"i also asked them that," said eddie.

"oh wow thanks," i replied, rolling my eyes.

"get out of the way so we can come in," richie said.

"jeez okay!" i moved out of the way and the three boys climbed in and sat in a circle with me.

eddie was doing his usual rambling complaining. "i don't know why we didn't just come in through the front door."

"i told richie we probably could but he wouldn't listen," chimed in stan.

"okay seriously what's up?"

"not much, how about you?" richie replied.

"you know what i meant," i said.

"holy shit were you crying or something?" eddie asked. i guess my eyes were a bit puffy and he had noticed.

"no," i lied. "can someone please tell me why you guys are here?"

"rich wanted to come talk to you and he dragged us along with him," stan said.

"bet still on or do i owe you five?" i asked.

"unfortunately still on."

"what bet?" eddie asked.

"noth-" i started but stan interrupted.

"[y/n] was dumb enough to trust richie with a secret and if he keeps it for a month then i owe her twenty bucks. but if he doesn't then she gives me five."

"you better have five extra bucks," eddie laughed.

"or i can keep the secret douchebags!" richie shouted.

"okay so what did you wanna talk about?" i asked, laughing along with stan and eddie.

he looks at me without saying anything for a second. "well it was gonna be about the secret actually. i think you should just tell these two. they can keep it but i need someone else to talk about it with oh my god i'm literally dying."

we laughed even harder at this. "looks like i owe you five stan."

"i haven't said it yet!"

"okay then. we can always talk about something else," i suggested.

"like what?" richie asked.

"we should talk about what's going on between bev and bill," eddie said. stan nodded in agreement. richie and i looked at each other.

"nah that's boring," richie said. "let's talk about what going on between me and eddie's mom."

"fuck you richie," eddie said, glaring at him. "but seriously, what's up with them? there's definitely something going on there."

"i've noticed that too, but i didn't want to say anything," stan added.

as they got deeper into the conversation, richie looked at me with an apologetic look. i just shrugged my shoulders to let him know i didn't mind, but i stayed quiet as stan and eddie talked.

"i think bev likes him," said stan.

"well bill obviously likes her," replied eddie.

"so they like each other then?"