Say You Wont Let Go

"Never imagined I'd be getting married in Hawaii." Rooster murmured, standing next to Abigail as they watched the waves crash against the sand. Abigail puts her arm around his shoulder, reliving the day they talked about coming here. "You're happy." She smiles, taking a few steps back to avoid getting her dress wet. She was Rooster's best man.

     "I'm happy," Rooster confirms, turning around to face his wife, who was dancing with her bridesmaids. "You're happy?" He raises an eyebrow.

      "I'm very happy." She nodded.

     "I'm too happy." Jake chimes in, already having undone his bow tie, the black fabric resting around his neck like an unwrapped scarf. He walks over to the groom and best man, throwing his arm onto Abigail's shoulders.

    Rooster winks at Abigail, starting to back away. "I'm gonna leave you guys to talk." He says slyly, nodding to his best friend. He found out something last night that Jake was yet to be aware of.

     As soon as Bradley was out of hearing distance, Jake whispers something into her ear that made her want to skip the amazing news and just take him to their condo, but she was too excited.

    "What does he want us to talk about?" Jake finally asks, dropping his arm from Abigail's neck and instead clasping his hand in hers.

    "We never got around to talking about where we stand with kids, did we?" Abigail questions, squinting up at Jake. The sun was extremely bright, reflecting off of the ocean.

     "Oh, I want tons. Like, seven kids." Jake says excitedly, his face lighting up. He really wanted that. Abigail's smile widens. "Let's just start with the one that's on the way." She says softly. Jake's expression drops and then lights up again as he jumps at her and engulfs her in the tightest hug ever. He kisses her and then kneels down to press his forehead onto her stomach, his hands going on either side of her waist.

      "Found out yesterday, I had to tell Bradley last night. He was suspicious because I wouldn't touch the beers." She laughed, reconnecting her hand with his as they joined back into the wedding crowd.

      Rooster was sitting at the piano he requested for the wedding, playing the introduction to the song he picked to serenade his wife. But it makes all of the other couples' hearts melt too.   

   "I met you in the dark, you lit me up"

     "You made me feel as though I was enough"

     "We danced the night away, we drank too much"

     "I held your hair back when
      "You were throwing up"

    "Then you smiled over your shoulder
For a minute, I was stone-cold sober
I pulled you closer to my chest"

     "And you asked me to stay over
I said, I already told ya
I think that you should get some rest"

"I knew I loved you then
But you'd never know
'Cause I played it cool when I was scared of letting go"

"I know I needed you
But I never showed

     "But I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old"

"Just say you won't let go"

     Abigail leaned her head on Jake's shoulder while he ran his hand up and down her arm. She was so glad that Rooster found someone that made him all warm and fuzzy. Someone who would love him forever. Liliana was perfect, the pure, great love she was expressing through her eyes as she looked at her husband said everything.

   "And I'll take the kids to school
Wave them goodbye"

"And I'll thank my lucky stars for that night"

"When you looked over your shoulder
For a minute, I forget that I'm older
I wanna dance with you right now"

"Oh, and you look as beautiful as ever
And I swear that everyday you'll get better
You make me feel this way somehow"

"I'm so in love with you"

"And I hope you know"

"Darling, your love is more than worth its weight in gold"

"We've come so far, my dear
Look how we've grown"

"And I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old"

"Just say you won't let go"

"I wanna live with you
Even when we're ghosts
'Cause you were always there for me when I needed you most"

"I'm gonna love you 'til
My lungs give out"

"I promise 'til death we part like in our vows"

"So I wrote this song for you, now everybody knows
That it's just you and me 'til we're grey and old"

"Just say you won't let go"

"Oh, just say you won't let go."