Epilogue

"We're living the dream, Roos." Abigail says happily, sliding her sunglasses onto her face. She and Bradley were sitting out in the backyard in pool chairs while five children splashed in the kiddie pool and two more were playing in the baby pin.

      Abigail and Jake had four kids. The eldest being Tom, who looked just like the grandfather he was named after, second oldest being Pete, named after uncle Maverick, Jake, the spitting image of his father, and Abby, their only daughter. They were 5, 3, 2, and 9 months.

     Liliana and Bradley had three kids. Nick, their eldest. He looked just like Bradley. Carole, named after her grandmother, and Jane, named after her mother's late best friend. They were 4, 2, and 11 months.

      After the last mission, Abigail and Bradley stuck to being instructors. Luckily they no longer get deployed for missions. Liliana became Jake's weapons systems officer and for the last six months they've been deployed overseas.

    Leaving Abigail and Bradley to care for seven kids together. Somehow they've managed with only four trips to the emergency room and two colds.

     "Don't whack your sister in the face with the pool noodle, Nick!" Bradley scolds, clasping his margarita and taking a huge sip. Abigail laughs at him. Every Wednesday they spent all day outside and had a margarita while the kids play in the pool or in the grass.

    "Remember when I knocked your tooth out with a pool noodle?" Abigail grins. Bradley smiles and shakes his head. "I didn't talk to you for a week, I was so mad." He laughs.

     "You guys got room for two more?" That familiar voice that had made Abigail fall in love many years ago said. All of the kids perked up and saw the two adults that had been gone so long.

    It was like a stampede, they all went running towards their mother or father. Abigail and Bradley stood up, getting a good look at their spouses.

     A few minutes later the children went back to going nuts in the pool, leaving the adults to finally talk.

    Abigail wrapped her arms around Jake's neck, taking in his manly scent she had missed so dearly. Jake laid his head on top of hers, planting a kiss. "How'd you guys do with the kids?" He asks, his arms moving to a place he should not be touching in front of children. Abigail moves then back up to her waist. "Piece of cake." She says sarcastically, smiling up at him. He leans in to kiss her lips.

     "I love you, Jake Seresin."

     "And I love you, Abigail Seresin."