Chapter 2

Looking at myself in the mirror as I apply the blood red lipstick I am somewhat shocked with how nicely I clean up.

I chose a deep red dress that had a leg slit and was backless. Reaching to the floor it hugged my curves nicely and showed off my tattoo on my back. It was a snake that looked as though it was wrapped around my spine itself, traveling up my entire back.

I chose to match it with black heels with my nicest jewelry, my rings accentuating my dark red nails and the necklace making my collar bone pop. I had curled my hair slightly and it fell nicely below my shoulders, the dark black locks accentuating my face.

I couldn't remember the last time that I had actually dressed up for anything. Normally a pair of jeans and some random shirt is my look, but I don't think that would pass tonight at a fancy ball.

Finishing the look I added a red mask to my eyes, the color matching my dress perfectly. Of course it didn't cover my face completely, but it covered the area around my eyes and most of my nose in cheeks.

I strapped my thigh holster to the leg that stuck out through the slit in the dress, out of sight to everyone else but allowing easy access to my gun if needed. I hid a few small knives in there as well.

Spritzing myself with my vanilla scented perfume and checking to make sure my holster was hidden, I decided I looked good and left my small apartment.

This dress isn't exactly "motorcycle appropriate" so I had called an Uber, which was already waiting for me outside. I climbed into the backseat, ignoring the man in the driver's seat who was very clearly ogling me.

I told him the address and he started driving, we rode in silence, him taking glances in his rear view mirror every now and again and seriously pissing me off.

Normally this stronzo would be dead for looking at me like that but I need the ride.

We stop in front of the large mansion, the gates opened and what seemed like hundreds of cars and limos pulled up to the lively party. The driver puts the car in park and turns in his seat to face me.

"Ya know, if you needed a date in there sweetness, I could-" he started, but is cut off by me sighing and pointing my gun at him, raising an eyebrow and tilting my head to the side.

His eyes widen slightly before he gives me a curt nod. "Alright fair enough, have a lovely night." He says before turning back around.

I re-conceal my gun as I exit the vehicle, the dumbass driver pulling away as soon as I shut the door.

Slowly I walk up the long driveway, examining the house and some of the people that are also arriving at the manor. Everyone wearing a similar mask to mine, no one even takes a second glance at me as we file into the entrance.

I stray away from the group a little as I look around. I have to be on high alert here. This is enemy territory. You never know who could be lurking in the shadows, even at something as carefree as an 18 year old's birthday party.

Walking in through the entrance of the ballroom I immediately begin scanning the crowd, along with the room. It surely is impressive. The high ceilings, the marble floors, the intricate artwork on the walls.

Damn this is a lot better than my 18th birthday.

I feel someone's eyes on me instantly, looking in the direction that I feel the stare from for a brief second to find the curious eyes of some good looking guy.

I don't look for too long since I don't want him to know I'm onto him, but from my brief glance I was able to see he was tall, he had black hair that was messy but also neat at the same time. He wore black dress pants with a black dress shirt and a black blazer, and of course, a black mask.

Emo much?

Slowly maneuvering through the mass amount of people, I continue to scan the crowd, looking for the leader of all this madness. I didn't know what Vittoria actually looked like, almost no one does. I get it, it's for her own protection, but damn is it annoying. It typically isn't difficult to spot someone in a position of power, but with this amount of people it was quite the challenge.

Still feeling as though I am being watched I glance again at the handsome stranger, again only in a flicker, just long enough so that if he were to see, it would look as though I looked right past him.

Growing annoyed with his burning gaze, I decide to turn my back to him, hoping that gets him to leave me the fuck alone. Now I am looking at the other half of the ballroom, looking through the masked faces in the crowd, but no one in particular sticking out.

These people looked dangerous. I counted multiple armed men. Most were tall, muscular, and rough looking. It was odd to see them with smiles gracing their lips and laughs that are unheard through the music. These people looked like the villain in every tv show, the bad guy that no one fucks around with, the guy that you cross the street from if they are walking your way.

Yet even with those stereotypes, my eyes land on two men in particular, one with stuffed cheeks, overflowing with shrimp as he tried to shovel more in as his friend egged him on, both looking more excited than a child on Christmas.

At least they can still have fun I suppose.

The feeling of eyes on me that hasn't left since I entered the room is only stronger now, and I feel someone right behind me.

Okay this guy is pissing me off.

Not wanting to cause a scene by slitting his throat and gouging out his prying eyes, I decide to look over my shoulder slightly instead.

"It's rude to stare."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2 woop woop!

How is everyone feeling so far?

You guys like Alessia?

What's that staring guys problem?

Tune in next time folks.

Love ya! <3