Chapter 8

Nicolo's POV

I step out of the steaming shower after ensuring that I have washed all of the blood off of me, changing into grey sweats and a black t-shirt.

Alessia was stubborn, but eventually agreed to stay with me if it meant I wouldn't randomly pick her up anymore.

I gave her the room next to mine to sleep in, and Maria gave her a pair of her pajamas to borrow, excited that there was another girl in the house. I could tell that Alessia was a bit uncomfortable with Maria's extroverted personality, but she was nice nevertheless, which I know is also a challenge for her.

I step out of my room and walk up to her door. I told her I would leave her be the rest of the night, but I just want to ensure that she got settled in okay.

I knock on the door, but get no answer. I wait a couple of seconds before knocking again, met with only silence in return. My heart rate quickened as worry quickly took over my emotions. My mind instantly went to the worst case scenario. Someone broke in and now she's dead. I know that Alessia joked about the house being easy to break into, but was she right? Is my security that terrible?

Braving myself for the worst I slowly open the door and am met with a dark room. "Alessia?" I whisper as I squint, my eyes adjusting to the darkness.

I hear little murmurs coming from the direction of her bed, and am able to make out the shape of her body laying on it. As I get closer I see that she is sleeping.

Oh. Maybe I'm a little dramatic.

Her eyebrows are scrunched, and there is a frown on her face, almost looking...scared?

"No....please...." she barely murmurs, stirring a bit in her sleep as her breathing quickens. She must be having a nightmare.

This was one of the first times that I had seen her face portray any actual emotions, and she isn't even conscious for it. Most of the time her exterior is cold, hard, ice. The only time any feeling is seen is when she grins before stabbing a man in the gut. But now here she is, scared and vulnerable. It killed me. I wanted to crawl inside her dream and beat the shit out of whoever was causing her terror.

I leaned down and gently caressed her cheek with my thumb. "Shh shh, va bene angelo." (It's okay angel.) I speak in hushed tones. I kneel down to her level, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear. Her features softened slightly and her breathing went back to a somewhat normal pace.

She truly was beautiful. Her gorgeous black hair was thick and had a slight curl to it, it framed her face perfectly. Her tanned skin looked so soft, and touching it now, I know it is. My eyes traced down to her full lips. I am instantly brought back to dancing with her in the club.

The way our bodies moved together was addicting, and I craved more. It felt like we were the only two people in the world, her eyes looking into mine as if she was trying to find answers to questions she didn't even know. Those dark red lips...I got so close to kissing her earlier.

What are you doing to me?

She was amazing out there tonight. The way that she fearlessly walked into open fire, just to dominate the entire fight had me mesmerized. For a second I was stuck in a trance as I watched her attack the men. Every shot she fired was completely accurate and took a man down every time. The way she handled her blades, it was like she was born with them in her hands. Every single movement from her, an intricate dance. So graceful, yet so violent.