Chapter 5

Fucking bastardo

I pull on my tight black jeans and black, long sleeved crop top.

"Come posso essere così stupido?" (How could I be so stupid?)

I put on my leather jacket and tie my hair back in a sleek ponytail. I hide a few knives in my boots, and a couple throwing knives in hidden compartments of my jacket. I tuck my gun into my waistband, preparing for what I am about to do.

After seeing the picture of Nicolo I recognized him as the man I danced with last night. Furious at first that I could be so fucking careless, I stormed out of the cafe leaving a speechless Sage in my wake.

Then I started thinking. Nicolo overthrew his mother. He went against his own blood, which is very rare in the Italian Mafia. He must have truly despised her. Maybe he could help me in locating her so that me and her could have a "talk".

Of course by "talk" I mean torturing her for hours on end until she begs me for the sweet release of death.

It is cold out tonight so I add fingerless gloves, adding a bit of warmth to my hands but keeping my fingers free. I put on a black mask that goes around my neck, covering my mouth and nose.

Grabbing my keys I storm out of the building, getting on my bike and racing through the streets towards the mansion. I had to be careful about this. It's me vs, well, the Italian Mafia. No pressure, right?

The mansion is surrounded by a dense amount of trees, probably as to not draw an attention to it. I kill the engine to my bike about a half a mile away and leave it by a funky looking tree so that I'm sure to remember where it is parked.

After sneaking up, I decide that entering behind the mansion is my best bet for getting to the Don. Less security back there. Sage is a fucking genius and got a blueprint to the house, so I knew exactly where to go. Given that he is the big bad mafia boss, I'm assuming the man has a decent amount of work cut out for him, therefore I'm going to go to the room that was labeled 'office' on the map.

I climb up the 6 foot fence with ease, landing on my feet as I jump over. I sneak along the perimeter until I reach the back door of the mansion. There are two guards on watch.

Piece of cake.

Using the shadows to my advantage I hide in the darkness. I then begin to fake cry, alerting both of the guards to my position.

"Who the fuck is over there?" One of them barks.

I continue to sob, waiting. The one who asked the question draws his gun and inches closer to my hiding spot. As soon as he is out of view from the other guard I pounce, touching a point on his shoulder and squeezing hard, he whimpers slightly before hitting the ground with a thud.

The other guard is alerted to the sound. "Alex?" He asks. I look down at who I assume to be Alex, who is now sleeping like a baby on the grass. The other guard draws his gun as well, coming to the same fate.

As he approaches me he squints in the dark. "Who are you?" He asks with a bit of fear on his face when he sees his fallen coworker. I squat down and sweep my leg in a circle, knocking his feet from under him causing him to thud onto the ground. I stand over him, bending down so that my face is closer to his. I tilt my head to the side, "Someone you should not underestimate." I droll, before knocking him out with a swift punch to his temple.

Satisfied with how smoothly this was going I slip into the huge house, pulling up the mental memory of the blueprint I sneak up the stairs. The house is surprisingly empty on the inside, I'm assuming because it is so late at night, most of the members have probably gone home at this point.