Chapter 7

We pull up to The Viper in a black SUV. Nicolo is driving while I am in the passenger side. Two of his most trusted are in the back who I have learned to be named Xavier and Rocco.

Xavier is tall, like really tall. He is extremely muscular, absolutely covered in tattoos, and has a scar trailing from his eyebrow down to his cheek. His long black hair is pulled back into a bun, which I'm sure is just so that it won't get in the way if anything happens.

Rocco is about the same height as me, so around 5'8. He is also very muscular, with brown hair and bright blue eyes. He has a very joyful energy to him at all times and I have learned that him and Xavier are besties. Cute.

I get out of the car and adjust my dress. I went with a black dress that ended at my mid-thigh. It hugged my body nicely, and the neckline showed an adequate amount of cleavage. I had concealed my holster to my thigh, full of knives and my gun. My black heels clicked on the concrete as we walked up.

Nicolo by my side, he was wearing a black suit, the same as Xavier and Rocco. Guess there was a dress code or something.

We walk into the booming club, it is completely packed with people. The music vibrates through my body and the stench of sweat and alcohol penetrates my nose. People are dancing wildly, drinking, grinding, dancing, all that stuff. I immediately make note of any possible exit in the room out of habit, only to look over and see Nicolo appear to be doing the same.

He bends down to my ear to try and speak over the music. "Sebastian is not here yet, so why don't we enjoy ourselves for the time being."

I look to see that Xavier and Rocco are already on the floor. Rocco is talking to some girl and Xavier is dancing like there is no tomorrow. Those two really are special.

Nicolo extends a hand to me. "Lo facciamo?" (Shall we?)

I wasn't really expecting to have any fun tonight, but what the hell. I take his hand and allow him to lead me to an opening in the dance floor.

He pulls me close and my breathing hitches, his eyes challenging mine. We move in sync to the upbeat music, taking over the floor. I was impressed with how well he moved, it was as if we rehearsed the number.

He spins me before pulling me back in, grabbing my thigh and bringing it up the side of his body. He smirks when he feels the holster attached. "Didn't think I could protect you, no? Had to bring your own?" he teases before releasing my leg and we move to the rhythm again.

"I don't need anyone's protection but my own." I state simply, feeling the beat of the music and swaying my hips in sync.

His eyes are devouring my body, watching it's every move. "I have no doubt about that cara mia." he whispers huskily into my ear. Goosebumps dance across my skin even though it is scorching hot in the packed club.

We are incredibly close now due to the amount of people swarming around us. My hand on his chest, his on my back. Our noses almost touching as our heavy breaths collide. At this point we aren't even dancing anymore, just embracing one another. He brings his free hand to my chin, holding it delicately. "Una donna così feroce." (Such a fierce woman.) he mutters.

He begins to lean in, and I'm not stopping him. My eyes flutter shut as I tilt my head to the side and-

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Gunshots ring through the air and we immediately break apart, he grabs my hand and we dive behind the bar for protection. "What the fuck!" he shouts, grabbing his gun and checking the bullets. I peak over the counter of the bar, there are masked men at the entrance, a lot of them, gunning down anyone in their way. Bodies are dropping to the floor quickly.