Chapter 4

Alessia's POV

I rushed through the crowd, exiting the mansion swiftly, racing down the steps and looking over my shoulder to make sure Mr. Sexy Brown Eyes wasn't chasing after me.

Seriously. His eyes? So. Hot.

I shook my head as I reached the end of the driveway, my heels clicking on the pavement.

Well this was a bust. I was barely in there for 15 minutes.

Feeling defeated I begin the walk home. It wasn't that far, and I could use the fresh air to think.

My mind immediately went to him dipping me down as we danced, his strong hand on my lower back, his dark brown eyes meeting mine as I came back up...

Shut the fuck up brain!

I clear my mind of Mr. Muscles and focus back on the problem at hand. I didn't find Vittoria. I don't even think she was attending the party, but still, I felt defeated. That was the closest I had been to solving anything in months, but then Mr. Nice Butt had to come and distract me.

I'm walking past an alleyway when suddenly a hand clamps over my mouth, pulling me into the darkness as the attackers other arm wraps itself around my waist.

I just can't catch a fucking break.

The man smells of alcohol and piss. He leans down and whispers in my ear, "Don't fight back sweet cakes, you don't stand a chance." He chuckles, slurring his words.

A smirk laced my lips. This'll be fun.

I use my heel to my advantage and stomp into the man's foot, hard. Hearing his bones crunch is like music to my ears as I'm certain I just broke his foot.

He howls out in pain as he releases me from his hold to clench his foot in his hands, I turn around and watch the sight, amusement in my eyes. "You fucking whore!" He screams.

I chuckle darkly, taking a step towards him. "Oh darling," I kick my foot up, making contact with his head and he tumbles to the ground, staring up at me his eyes wide with fear. I step forward, placing my heel on his chest to keep him down. "Non mi ero reso conto che avevi un desiderio di morte." (I didn't realize that you had a death wish.)

His eyes are filled with fear and anger as he stares up at me, "I don't speak fucking German!" He stupidly states. I roll my eyes and dig my heel into his chest in response, ripping into his skin in the process.

He screams again at the intrusion to his chest. "Jesus lady! I'm sorry I will leave you alone, just let me go!" He pleads.

I pretend to ponder his plea, putting on a thinking face and humming slightly. Hope glistens on his features before I look back at him harshly, venom in my tone, "Hai segnato il tuo destino nel momento in cui hai deciso di mettere le tue mani disgustose su di me." (You sealed your fate the second you decided to put your disgusting hands on me.)

"I don't know the words you are saying!" He cries, tears now streaming down his dirty face.

I grab my gun from my holster and I see the look of 'oh shit' cross his features. "Well, there's only one word that you need to know right now." I say, aiming between his eyes, "Arrivederci." I smirk.

BANG!

He drops dead and I spit on him before leaning down. "Goodbye." I whisper the meaning of the word to his corpse before walking away.

Killing is something that came naturally to me. Ever since the death of my family, I lost my soul. The part of me that used to yearn to help people. To be a doctor. To save lives.

That Alessia died with them.

My extensive knowledge of the human body from my studies only made it that much easier to end lives. I knew every pressure point, every vital organ, every crucial vein in the body.

After I learned how to wield a weapon, anyone who stood in my way didn't stand a fucking chance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning to the vibrations of my phone on my nightstand. Pissed off I picked it up, already knowing who was on the other line.

"Speak." I barked, sitting up in my bed and checking the time of the clock on my wall. Fucking 8 am.

"Morning to you too sunshine." Sage sang through the device. "How was the party last night? Meet any cute boys?"

My mind instantly flashed to the handsome stranger that waltzed me across the floor with ease. The feeling of his skin on mine, the firm grip he had on me, the-

I shook my head of the thought. "Why the fuck are you calling me at 8 am?" I growled. "È meglio che tu abbia una dannata buona ragione." (You better have a damn good reason.)

"Alright alright calm down." She said, amused. "I've got something pretty big for you."

"Okay, what?" I pry, frustrated that she stopped.

"Oh no, no way I'm saying this over the phone. Never know who's tracing these calls. Come to the spot."

I groan and pinch the bridge of my nose. "Sage you better hope this is good." I grumble before saying a string of curses in Italian.

"Trust me it is." She says before the line goes dead.

Throwing on the first outfit I find, I get on my bike and head towards the cafe. Swerving between cars and speeding down the streets I get to the cafe in no time.

I fucking love that about motorcycles.

I walk into the empty cafe, seeing one annoying little red head in the corner. I walk over and sit across from her, my face expressionless.

"Good morning grumpy Gus, coffee?" She asks as she hands me a cup. I immediately push it away. "Sage, fucking speak before I take the ability away from you."

Unfazed by my threats as per usual she takes a sip of the putrid coffee, makes a face, and continues. "Vittoria is not the Don of the Mafia anymore." She simply states.

My chest grows tight, my fist clenches in anger, and my body grows tense. "What." I say darkly, actually getting a hint of fear from Sage at my reaction.

I am pissed. I have been chasing the leader of the Italian Mafia for four years. Four fucking years. Just to find out that I'm going after the wrong person? That she isn't even involved anymore?

Sage continues. "The Mafia isn't exactly an open book Ali, they don't really post status updates about new leaders and shit, but here is what I do know." She says before pulling out her phone and typing rapidly.

"Vittoria wasn't exactly liked by her members, specially her son. Nicolo Marchetti. Guess they all got tired of taking orders from her and when Nicolo was 24 he overthrew his mother and pretty much banished her from the country. Based off of her reputation, she is probably still around, but still. Ever since then, Nicolo has been in charge." She explains.

I take in the information. So this 'Nicolo' also wasn't a fan of his mother. That makes two of us. Was he at the party last night? Was the son of my family's killer right under my nose?

Sage continues, "This guy is good at hiding himself, but there was a photo of him leaked from some unknown source along with the explanation of the overtaking."

"Do you have the picture?"

"Do I have the picture? I'm hurt." She feigns shock and I give her a look before she types on her phone some more, then hands it to me.

The man is handsome, sharp jawline, 5 o'clock shadow, dark curly hair, nice eyes, tan skin, wait."

I examine closer and look at the eyes.

Those eyes...those dark brown eyes.

Holy shit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bum bum BUUUUM!
Dramatic right?

Hope everyone is liking the story so far!

Love ya! <3