Chapter 6

Nicolo's POV

I watch the camera footage once more. The way she smoothly takes out my highly trained guards, the way her body moves with confidence as she storms through the halls of my house.

A single person broke into my house. My house. Don of the Mafia. Fearless leader. Killer of hundreds. Highly skilled guards. Extreme security.

Yet she blew through it as if it was nothing.

She had left about an hour ago now, reluctantly agreeing to come back tomorrow.

She wants to kill my mother.

Obviously it didn't surprise me too much that someone has a vendetta against her, but I want to know why.

The second the mysterious woman in red left the party, I had Rocco do some research on her. He used the camera footage of that night to get her face, and from there he gathered as much intel as he could.

Which wasn't much.

Alessia Caputo. Twenty- five years old, daughter to Elena and Leonardo Caputo. College drop-out. After that, nothing.

Digging through some old files I found that Leonardo Caputo had some dealings with my mother. He ran a small gang and managed some of the drug rings that she assigned to him, but there was nothing else I could find.

Based on that information, I am assuming that my mother must have done something to him in some way or another. Something terrible. Why else would Alessia be on such a warpath?

As I wracked my brain for answers, my mind suddenly flashed back to that night. The cold look in her eyes. The way our bodies moved in sync was almost poetic. The feeling of her pressed against me made my pants get a little tight. Her scent invaded my nostrils and I never wanted it to leave. The warm vanilla that completely contradicted her personality, yet suited her perfectly. The words she whispered into my ear right before disappearing.

Fuck me

There was something so alluring about her. Something that made me want more. I've never been the one to chase after women but she has me on my knees. Her presence screams power and her actions back it up.

Is it bad that I thought she was even more attractive holding a gun to my head?

I groan and finally leave my office. Changing into sweats and taking my shirt off I collapse on my bed, exhausted from this taxing day.

The last thing on my mind before sleep devours me, are those intoxicating, green eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alessia's POV

I woke up in the morning, earlier than usual, and jumped in the shower. Today is the day that I start making real progress. It has been four years. Four painstakingly long years I have been chasing this woman, the woman who ruined my life. The woman who made my world stop turning. Today is the day that I can finally get closer to destroying her.

I pull on some black mom jeans, pairing it with a deep red turtle neck and, of course, my leather jacket. I apply some red lipstick today as well. The blood red color on my lips just seems very fitting for the day ahead.