Chapter 2

(Y/n) sighed. Currently he sat alone on the ship meant to take him to beacon. He was surrounded by students who kept pointing at him and whispering to their friends. Somehow word had spread fast about his being arrested amongst the other students. First day in Vale and he was already taken to the police station... great way to make first impressions.

He could almost imagine his father's reaction if he ever found out. Suddenly images of chibi versions of his father hovering in circles around him, taunting him, appeared in his mind.

Mental Jin: "Pffffft imagine getting arrested before school even started!"

Mental Jin 2: "Did you lose a fight? I bet you lost a fight and still got arrested."

Mental Jin 3: "What, did you do harass another girl?"

Mental Jin 4: "You'll die a virgin with that attitude!"

At the mention of that last one, a tick mark appeared on his head, he leaked killing intent so potent it was almost visible. Many of the students on the ship backed away in fear and began to murmur getting (Y/n) to snap back to reality.

Looking around he noticed the others giving him fearful looks so he tried to smile at them and wave politely, only for the closest students to whimper in fear as he gave a very sinister smile that promised pain, at least in their eyes.

Watching their reactions he just sighed and turned his head to look out the window sadly.

???: "I don't want to be the 'bee's knees', okay? I don't want to be any kind of knees! I just want to be a normal girl with normal knees."

That voice sounded familiar.

Looking over towards the sound of the voice, (y/n) found the sight of a familiar bright red cape with a hood on it.

(Y/n): Ruby?!

Standing up quickly, several students backed away and gave him a wide berth as he walked by.

Ignoring them, made his way over to the only person he knew in Vale.

Blonde: "What's with you? Aren't you excited?"

Ruby: "Of course I'm excited... I just... (sighing) I got moved ahead two years. I don't want people to think I'm special or..."

She trailed off as she saw (Y/n) waving to her.

Curiously, the blonde girl Ruby was talking to turned around to see what she was looking at. Followed by immediately pushing Ruby further behind her and standing protectively in front of the girl.

Blonde: "What do you want."

It sounded more like a demand then a question.

(Y/n) paused and waved his hands placatingly in front of him.

Ruby poked her head around the girl's back and looked at (Y/n).

Ruby: "(Y/n)!"

Quickly running up to the boy from behind the other girl she stopped right in front of him.

Ruby: "Hi!"

Blonde: (questioningly)  "Ruby, you know this guy?"

Ruby: "Oh! Right! Yang, meet (Y/n), he was the guy I mentioned who stopped the robbery with me. (Y/n), meet my older sister Yang."

He gave her a genuine smile that seemed to disarm her a bit.

(Y/n): "Nice to meet ya!"

He stuck his hand out to shake Yang's. After glancing him over a couple times she shrugged and shook his hand grinning.