Chapter 4

(Y/n) woke up the next day with a throbbing pain in his head. It was early. Too early. Looking around (Y/n) saw that no one else seemed to be up yet. Heck the sun wasn't even fully up.

Quietly, he went through his bag to grab a change of clothes and his toiletries before  heading to the bathroom. After brushing his teeth and changing into a tracksuit, he put his stuff back. Being careful not to step on anyone, he headed toward the door.

It was cold. Breathing out he could see his breath in the frigid morning air. It reminded him of home. And that meant reminding him of Jin. He wondered how his father was doing. Thinking of his father meant thinking about how he'd wake (y/n) up ridiculously early to run.

Suddenly his body felt energized and he felt the need to run.

After stretching the last remnant of sleep from his body, he took off in a jog around the school.
.
.
Timeskip brought to you by chibi Ruby pulling chibi (Y/n)'s ear as he cried in pain after yelling at Weiss.
.
.
Weiss sat on the steps outside the ballroom. She breathed in the cold morning air. It reminded her of home. Her mind flooded with memories of early morning training with her sister. Those were better days. Unfortunately her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of footsteps followed by hard breathing when they stopped. Looking up at the culprit she saw (Y/n) standing with his hands on his hips as he finished his run.

(Y/n) exhaled hard once more before his breathing began to return to normal. Turning around he paused when he saw Weiss watching him. She noticed he was looking at her and her face scrunched in disgust. A tick mark appeared on (Y/n)'s head and returned the look by cringing back at her.

Without a word he headed inside to get ready.
.
.
.
After getting dressed for the day (Y/n). Jaune, Ruby, and Yang woke up and went through their morning routines.

Ruby, Yang, and (Y/n) were preparing in the locker room when a ginger girl walked in following a boy in green with black hair. The boy immediately went to his locker but soon the ginger girl joined him.

Ginger: "I know! We'll have some sort of signal! Like a distress signal! (gasps) A secret signal so we can find each other in the forest! Can you imitate a sloth?"

Boy: "Nora?"

Nora: "Yes, Ren?"

Ren: (sheathing his weapons in his sleeves) "I don't think sloths make a lot of noise."

Nora: (thinks about this for a moment) "That's why it's perfect! No one will suspect we're working together!"

Ren: (smiling and shutting his locker) "Come on Nora, let's go."

Nora: "Not together-together..." (giggles)

Ren heads out while a skipping Nora follows, passing the trio.

Ruby: "Wonder what those two are so worked up about?"

Yang: "Oh, who knows? So, you seem awfully chipper this morning!"

Ruby: "Yep! No more awkward small talk or 'getting-to-know-you' stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking."

strokes Crescent Rose as she sighs happily.

(Y/n): "Please don't do that..."

(Y/n) sat on the bench, making sure his bootswere on tight enough. No use showing off your skill if you sprain an ankle right?