(43) Moving In

Fu Yunruo looked puzzled, “Mr. Yue, why are you here?”

Si Yue walked in with his suitcase and said lightly, “To be your bodyguard.”

“…” Fu Yunruo almost choked on her own saliva and said with difficulty, “Mr. Yue, Wenwen’s words can’t be taken seriously, you really don’t have to do this…”

Si Yue raised his eyebrows.

What was this ‘living under the same roof’ plot?! Fu Yunruo was extremely embarrassed, so she could only say: “Only a woman and a child live here, so it’s really not suitable for a man to stay.”

In this small village, gossip spread faster than fire. Fu Yunruo really didn’t want the villagers to misunderstand that she was getting married…

Si Yue spread his hands, “But if I live in Mei family house, it will be too far away to properly protect you, which makes me incompetent as a bodyguard.” He said solemnly: “Since there is nothing between us, one or two words of gossips won’t affect much.”

Fu Yunruo: “…” She was very conflicted. Of course she wasn’t unwelcome of Si Yue, but she truly didn’t want Si Yue to live in her house and felt this was inappropriate. But he kept using Wenwen’s childish words as an excuse… Thinking of the naughty boy who was still facing the wall in reflection inside the house, Fu Yunruo’s head ached.

When Wenwen heard Si Yue’s voice, he immediately pricked his ears. He wanted to go out and see Si Yue so badly, but he was still ‘punished’! His pair of short legs fidgeted restlessly, but he finally calmed down and stood still.

Alas, he sacrificed a lot for his mother, but still had to stand in front of the wall as a penalty!

Si Yue walked in and saw the little guy standing against the wall with his little head drooping. Si Yue raised his eyebrows slightly, “What is Wenwen doing?”

Wenwen looked up with an aggrieved expression, “Uncle Yue, I was told to reflect my wrong…”

Fu Yunruo saw Wenwen’s pitiful act. When she thought that this big trouble was brought out by this little guy, her headache suddenly worsened: “Don’t pay attention to him. Since he did something wrong, he should be punished.”

Si Yue nodded and comforted Wenwen: “Then you should reflect well and try to appease your mother’s anger as soon as possible.”

Wenwen burst into tears and suddenly billowed with self-pity. Why didn’t Uncle Yue speak good words for him?!

Si Yue put his hand on the handle of the suitcase, turned to Fu Yunruo, and asked, “Which room can I stay in?”

Fu Yunruo’s head throbbed. What should she say so Si Yue would back off?

Stay? Wenwen instantly raised his head and looked at Si Yue in surprise. Why did Uncle Yue want to stay in their home?

For a split second, Wenwen had a sense of danger, as if his territory was being breached.

Si Yue noticed Wenwen’s gaze and was amused. This little guy looked soft and tender, but he was actually a wolf cub?

Si Yue said calmly, “How can I perform my duties as a bodyguard if I don’t stay? If your mother met danger at night, wouldn’t it be too late for me to rush here?”

Wenwen tilted his head suspiciously and pondered hard. It seems…reasonable? After all, there were 24 hours a day, and no one knew when danger might befall his mother. Having a bodyguard for just the day was indeed too unreliable.

However, a child’s possessive nature made Wenwen instinctively dislike having another person break into his family life. It was enough to have only him and Mom at home, but… Mom’s safety was also very important.