A Gathering Between Friends Part 2

Kiyone POV: 

Walking up the steps of the bus that will lead me toward paradise aka one of the few places on Earth where I could get away from my clingy father. Once I reached the top of the steps I peered around the bus and took notice of how few people were currently there.

With that in mind, I made my way towards a window seat near the back of the bus where I then placed my bag down. Feeling proud of myself for making it this far I used my arm to support my head as I began to absentmindedly stare out the window. With each passing cloud that adorned the blue sky, I began to recall how I was even here in the first place. 

Flashback

“Subject 0” 

Unperturbed by the sudden calling of my name from the staff member standing in front of me I closed the book in my hands and looked up at the woman in a white lab coat that called out to me.

“My father wishes to speak to me…?”

My monotone voice filled every inch of the white library where I spent most of my time. 

“Ahem… Yes, that would appear to be the case as he has requested your presence in his office in five minutes.” 

Having said all that she needed the woman in the white lab coat quickly made herself scarce. Paying little attention to this I quietly put down the book in my hands before making my way to my father's office. 

Completely unaware of the impact this short meeting would have on the next couple of years of my life. 

Back to the present 

‘The sky truly is beautiful’ 

Ignoring the sudden spewing of memories I continued to appreciate the gorgeous scenery that was presented to me through this bus window. As the beauty of simple things like skyscrapers, bridges, and trains came into view I knew that if I could see myself right now I would have a look like that of a small child. 

As I was appreciating the amazing scenery by pressing my face against the window the bus slowly began to fill up. 

“Don’t you think you should give up your seat, can't you see that this lady is having a hard time standing up?!?”

The sudden shout coming from near the front of the bus awoke me from my trance, causing me to slowly pull my face away from the window. Giving me a full view of what looked to be a one-sided argument between an office lady and a blonde teenager with the same type of uniform as me. 

Having been disturbed, and not having much else to do, I decided to listen to this useless argument. The office women seemed to be advocating for the blonde-haired teen to give up his seat. As for the blonde-haired teen in question, the way he carried himself and the exaggerated motion of moving his hair back made it clear what kind of person he was. 

‘Hmm, yeah that's a narcissist if I've ever seen one’ 

Almost as if waiting for me to finish my thoughts the blonde boy decided to speak up. 

“I have no obligation to give up my seat, besides…”

Choosing to ignore the rest of the conversation I tried to go back to looking out the window, but before I could I accidentally made eye contact with an up-tight-looking black-haired girl who held a book in her hand.

To say that we made eye contact for longer than needed was an understatement and I quickly looked away to avoid her gaze.

‘Well… that was awkward’