A Brother's death

two weeks later

On the outskirts of the Pridelands, the two Rogues that had come with Ramos were on guard duty. It had been a peaceful two weeks with no more news of Muuaji or the Killers. Instead the prides had been training hard and the second group of warriors had been healing.

Kion spent some more time with his old friends but being a leader of a pride, he couldn't spend all his time with them. Plus he hadn't fully forgiven them yet for what they did.

"Can't believe we got stuck on night patrol again" the white lion said grumbling. The black lion chuckled.

"I told you not to challenge DJ for a shift switch. That lion almost never looses unless it's against Giza, Kion or Shabaha" the black lion said laying down.

"Pfft, whatever" the white one said about to follow his lead until they heard the sound of paws hitting the ground at a face pace. Both lion stood and growled in the direction the sound was coming from. However lioness soon came out from the darkness and she definitely wasn't a threat.

She was light brown in color with green eyes but she had numerous cuts and bite marks on her. She was so busy looking behind her she ran right into the black lion, falling onto her back.

"Run! Run away!" She yelled scrambling to her feet as both tried to calm her down.

"Calm down. What happened to you?" The white lion questioned.

"Not safe! Lions and blood everywhere, my pride dead" she said crying hysterically. Both lions looked at each other, instantly knowing what had happened to her pride as they knew what lion bites and claw marks looked like.

However while they were distracted looking at where she had come from, the lioness began running away from them.

"Hey! Wait, we can help you and keep you safe!" The white lion yelled. She stopped before turning back.

"No where safe! Must run!" she yelled before she began running again and disappeared over a small hill and soon the sounds of her footsteps faded.

Both of them thought about running after her, but knew they had to stay on guard duty. Otherwise face the wrath of Warlord and whoever he sicks on them.

And if she was running from the Pride Killers and they were nearby, fighting together would give them a chance to hold out until reinforcements arrived.

Unknown to them, the lioness had snuck back to the hill and peaked over. She seen they were both watching the way she had come and were on full alert.

She smiled to herself despite her injuries before she began stalking around them to go back the way she had come from but obviously not on the same trail.

The next morning

"And you idiots didn't go after?" DJ questioned as he, Giza and Kion as well as the other kings and the royal family listened to the Rogue's report from the night before.

"Well if it was the Pride Killers that attacked her, would you rather we abandon our posts to chase her" the white lion said in a tone that wasn't respectful.

"Easy, Kifo. You forget who dragged your pelt across the ground last night?" DJ challenged stepping up with his teeth barred while the white lion did the same. Kion stepped up in between the two before fur flew.

"Alright easy. Simba, you know any pride around here that this lioness might have been from?" Kion questioned. Simba went into thought for a few seconds before he nodded.

"There's one to the west that aren't really our allies but from where they were posted, it sounds like the right direction" he said.

"So you didn't send word you were gathering to fight the Killers?" Kion said with a raised eyebrow. In times of war against a greater foe, allies or not, you call everyone to at least come and meet.