━━━━━━ (𝑡𝑤𝑜)

- Joffrey is so beautiful. - Aemma whisper while holding the small baby in her arms, his tiny hand placed around her index finger. She finally had some time with him after the shock from the birth had gone away

The girl sat next to her mother and began caressing Joffrey's little head, and she finally noticed the dark hair, what made her smile almost disappear.

- I want to speak with you before the small council meeting. - Rhaenyra said

- Yes. What it is?

- I have a proposal to Alicent, to try to make peace between your families. A marriage proposal.

- Between whom?

- Aegon and you.

- No.

- Aemma.

- No. I will not do it.

- The sharks are circling around us, Aemma. We cannot let ourselves be attacked.

- And yet you feed me to those very sharks.

- You know I do not want this. You know I wish there was another way. I wished for nothing more than to marry for love. For all my children to marry for love. But when you are born so close to the throne, love is not an option. Duty triumphs everything Aemma.

Duty, duty...
Aemma was so sick of that word.

- Mother, please...

- Perhaps you should go for a fly, Aemma. You always feel better when you are with Cannibal.

- Yes. I shall ride Cannibal. I shall fly across the narrow sea and I shall never return. What then mother? What of your plots and schemes, then? Who shall bring this broken family together? What of your legacy? - the threat hung in the air, and Rhaenyra's face twisted in grief.

- Then I would mount Syrax and I would fly right after you. I would follow you to the very ends of the world. I would leave everyone and everything just to be with you. But I'm sure your brothers would miss us dearly.

- Could we not go? All of us? Fly away? Do any of us truly want the throne?

- I do not want it. But it is mine. And duty forces me to lead this realm. Just as it will you.

Aemma she stormed from her, even ignoring Ser Harwin Strong who called her.
After dismissing her sworn protector, she left the Red Keep and went to where usually Cannibal rested, the dragon rose when he saw his rider getting close.

Cannibal didn't stay in the dragonpit, since he was quite large for it, and when they tried to keep him in dragonpit, there was an accident in which Sunfyre almost became his supper. After this day, Aemma decided that she didn't want Cannibal in the dragonpit, he was a wild dragon, and she wouldn't change his lifestyle keeping him in chains inside that place.

Making Cannibal leave his old eating habits was difficult, but it was not long before the dragon noticed that he was getting more and more food if he behaved, but Aemma knew his dragon and knew that some eggs missing from time to time was him, but he has stopped trying to attack other dragons since she got used to them, especially Dreamfyre and Sunfyre due to Aemma flies with Helaena and Aegon.

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

- They say you screamed for Ser Harwin to hit him harder.

- Yes. I did. - Aemma didn't even try to deny it. She had cheered on Sir Harwin in the training yard yesterday when a fight between himself and Ser Cristion Cole broke out. - He deserved what he got. He knew what his words would suggest. Ser Harwin just stepped up to protect us. He was doing his job as my loyal protector, and Sir Crispin had to go and imply it was like the love of a father.