━━━━━━ (𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒)

Two days had passed after the dinner, and the family was back in Dragonstone, and Aemma was ready to go back to her travels, but that seemed like an impossible mission as Cannibal had flat-out refused her efforts to climb on his back. The dragon completely ignored her, only giving her a little shove and a huff, smoke billowing out of his nostrils as he clearly stated he was tired of flying around and needed to take a nap. Aemma, frustrated at her disobedient and apparently lazy dragon. She was surprised, Cannibal, despite his reputation and origin, had never behaved like that, with her.

Aemma had settled on the beach not very far away from the castle waiting for Cannibal to wake up, resting her arms on the stone terrace that overlooked the glimmering blue sea. She breathed in the salty air that blew her silver hair back. The princess looked up at the sky, hoping to see any dragon spreading his wings in the distance, but she saw nothing, everything was so quiet.

Suddenly, she heard a loud roar of a dragon echoing in the island, making her look around and Cannibal woke up looking in a certain direction, and Aemma followed his look, seeing Jace running in her direction.

- What is going on?

- Mother has begun her labors!

- What? She isn’t far enough along!

- I know! But you must calm down. I was asked to collect you and Luke, we are to report to Mother, she has asked for us. Daemon is in the throne room, all of the Lords have gathered. I am to report to him afterwards. Something has happened, but we must remain calm, for her and the babe’s sake, alright?

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

Aemma rushed through the corridors, heart hammering against her chest as her mothers's screams strained her ears. She was disoriented, unaware of the trouble that was slithering within the walls of the castle as Rhaenyra began to birth her second daughter.

- Aemma. - Rhaenyra hissed out when her daughter came into frame.

When Rhaenyra began her labours she called for Aemma, but the girl was nowhere to be seen, she got nervous thinking that Aemma had already left for Asshai.

Aemma looked at her mother figure, she was in nothing but her blood covered shift, hair wild as she clutched to the beam on her balcony. She was groaning in pain, bent over as she tried to steady herself.

Aemma clutched Luke to her.

- Your grandsire, King Viserys, has passed. The Greens have repudiated the succession and claimed the Iron Throne. Aegon has been crowned King. - Rhaenyra said, a cry of pain clogged in her throat. 

- What is to be done about it? - Jacaerys spat, a heated tone wrapped around his words.

- Nothing yet! - Rhaenyra cried.

- Where is Daemon? - Jacaerys demanded, his hands dropped to his sides, fisting in anger.

- I don't know... - Rhaenyra answered - Gone to madness, gone to plot his war.

Jacaerys clenched his jaw.

- Jace... - Aemma began, but he dismissed her, leaving the room with Luke behind him. She was ready to go after him, but her mother's voice stopped her.

- Aemma, whatever claim remains to me, you are now its heir. Naught is to be done but by my command.

- Mother, I will be right back, I promise.

- No, Aemma...

- I will not hear of it! I will be by your side! I will return in a moment.

Aemma left the room. She followed Jacaerys’s steps, marching into the throne room. She spotted Daemon, stepping past Jace.