━━━━━━ (𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛)

The next day, Aemma was prepared to leave King's Landing, but decided to leave only at night after the King decided for the family to have supper together.

The day was cold and rainy. And Aemma was sitting by the window in her chambers, she decided not to leave the place not wanting to face anyone especially Aemond, Helaena or Aegon. She heard a knock on the door.

- Who is it? - she said.

- The Queen Alicent, princess. - the guard at the door answered. Aemma signed.

- Let her in. - the knight opened the door and let her walk into Aemma chambers.

Aemma stood up and bowed slightly

- My Queen. - Alicent smiled and opened her arms while walking to Aemma and hugged her immediately.

- Aemma, I already said to forget the formalities. - Aemma ended the hug and came back to her window again, Alicent sat next to her.

- About last night... I...

- Everything is ok. I will not force you to tell me anything. I just want you to know that if you need anything, you can come to me.

- Thank you, Alicent. - hearing Aemma call her by her name brought memories back to the women, but she immediately shrouded off.

- Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I got you a present, Aemma. - a maid entered the chambers and got in front of the two, bowing.

She carried a big, green cloth. Alicent took it and unfolded it. It was a long, green and golden dress, with long sleeves and a low cut chest, where Aemma assumed it was possible to see the chest pretty well.

- It belonged to my mother once, then me. After my second pregnancy, it doesn't fit any more. It would be a shame to just throw it away.

- Alicent... I'm thankful but...

- Yes?

- Nothing. Thank you, your grace. - Aemma took it and put it on her bed, feeling very uneasy, but just ignored it.

Aemma didn't see the smirk Alicent had on her face watching Aemma as she looked at her dress.

After Alicent left, Aemma still stared down at the dress, lost in thoughts, she had time to think about everything, and she decided that she wanted to hear Helaena's side of the story, maybe her best friend didn't have a choice? Perhaps she had a similar situation in which Aegon didn't perform his duties, and she didn't see herself without a choice, but to go after Aemond so that she could have children?

During all those years, Aemma never wore black or green, usually switching between the red from the Targaryen and blue from the Velaryon, always trying to stay neutral in that whole thing, but that day she decided to wear the green dress gifted to her, she knew where her loyalty lied upon, and a dress would not change that.

When she finally left her room, while she was walking around the castle, the green dress sat neatly on her, the cut of the neck showing a bit of her breasts and the skirt flying in the wind. She got many compliments from some ladies from the court, and the maids looked at her with wide eyes, but didn't dare to say anything.

When Aemma finally had some free time, she decided to go visit Helaena, when she got to her best friend's chambers she immediately found it weird how she didn't have any guards on her door.

She entered the room, thinking it was empty for some seconds, before looking around, and what she saw made her blood boil and her vision be filled with green with envy.

In the corner of the room, Aemond asleep held a sleeping Jaehaera in his arm, the toddler sleeping on his shoulder as he sat in one of the armchairs in Helaena's chambers.