━━━━━━ (𝑠𝑖𝑥)

It was a great day

It was a great day.

The princess gave birth to two healthy twins, blond haired. As the bells rang and days passed in feasts, Aemma finally managed to visit Helaena chambers to see the twins.

Their father, Aegon, is nowhere to be seen. Helaena was sitting next to her children, watching them tenderly, as they were already looking everywhere around them with big eyes. Aemond was standing near the fireplace, not missing her entrance. He said nothing, as always, as Aemma greeted Helaena and went to take the boy from his cradle tenderly, praising both of the twins.

Aemma had come to King's Landing on dragonback as soon as she heard that the labor as close, and in two days, Helaena the twins were born

- He is such a beautiful boy, and I already see how Jaehaera will make knights fall at her knees. - Aemma said, smiling ate the babe in her arms

- Do you not think he resembles my father, the King? - said Helaena happily.

Aemma watched him closely, taking in his sweet eyes, tiny hands and blond hair. He was a true Targaryen, he already has features of his mother, but also...

Aemma's expression soon became confused for a moment, then her eyes went to Aemond who was looking at her very intensely.

- He sure does, I'm sure he will be as wise. - Aemma said slowly, still taken aback

Helaena who was content with her niece agreeing with her, watched Aemma put back Jaehaerys into her arms before going to the newborn girl and softly caressing her cheek as an acknowledgement.

- I will leave you in peace, I will try to come see them this evening if you allow me. - Helaena nodded with a smile and Aemma left the room.

As soon as she was in the corridor, she sighed in relief. Until she heard footsteps approaching.

- Will you stay for a while? - Aemond asked

- Yes. I want to take some time with the twins. - she answered, smiling weakly. Still in shock with what she just witnessed.

- Aemma, you are the smartest person I know, and I know you well. I saw your eyes when you looked at the children. I don't want you to believe what is not there - he began speaking in a lower voice, but as soon interrupted by Aemma

- Please. You don't have to do this, lie to me Aemond, I will never betray you. This is...

Aemond came closer to Aemma.

- I am not lying to you! I swear to you, this is not whatever you think this is, the last thing I want is you to be mad at me for something that I didn't do.

- You could have the courtesy of being honest with me, Aemond. For the sake of our friendship. This is dishonesty that is the most likely to make me walk away from you.

Aemond kept staring at Aemma silently, then he suddenly grasped her hands into his and said

- I cannot lie to you, Aemma, believe me when I say that these twins are not mine.