━━━━━━ (𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒)

Driftmark was not welcoming. Aemma never favored the sea - it was a thousand miles away from her home. The grim-looking castle stood towering on its own, surrounded by the open ocean.

Aemma could feel a tinge of sadness as she stands between her father and Aegon, feeling sad as they throw Laena's body into the sea. Her Aunt Laena Velaryon had passed away a few days prior. Laena failed to give birth to her third child, and the family reunited at the funeral together. The sight of her father overcome with the grief of losing a loved one tore at her heart. She made sure to stand as close as she could beside Laenor, so she could rest her head on his arm in comfort.

- Goodbye sister. - Aemma heard him whisper. Her heart ached for him.

She could not imagine the pain of losing Jace, Luke and little Joffrey.

She never met the woman, but it saddened Aemma to see the family's state, especially her daughters'.

However, Aegon stood looking as bored as possible, stirring the rage within Aemma. Aemond however, could not take his eyes off his best friend. He wished for nothing more than to comfort her in front of everyone. As improper as it would be.

Aemma feels Aegon trying to sneakily touch her hand, but she slaps it away.

Aemma sighed as she felt Daemon eyes in her again. It had been so the whole funeral, Daemon looking at her, she never reciprocated the look, but was getting uncomfortable. He wasn't even trying to hide it.

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

- You seem thoughtful. - Aemond said, getting Aemma attention

- Just wandering, if I'm to meet the same fate as her one day, dying at childbirth is very common. - she admits - Seems like a fate that even, we Targaryen's cannot escape. Maybe we are not that close to gods after all.

From where they are it is possible to hear a dragon, but Aemma ignores knowing that it was Vhagar mourning.

This makes Aemma look around looking for Cannibal and to sees him in the distance, in the sky flying with Syrax.

- Don't worry, I'm sure you are strong enough for this duty. - Aemond says

That word, again. Aemma signed, and got away from Aemond, leaving the boy confused behind.

Aemma walks toward the exit, but she's stopped by an already intoxicated Aegon.

- Aemma, my beautiful princess...

- Leave me, Aegon.

She did not wait for a reply and stomped off in a fit. She planned on finding her father to help him grieve, but instead ran straight into an unfamiliar body. Looking up, her gaze met Daemon Targaryen, her rumoured to be her real father.

- Well... Hello. - he breathed out, and moved them to the railing of the area the wake was being held, and looked over the oceans of Driftmark together. There, no one could listen in on what was to be said.

- I'm very sorry for your loss, Prince Daemon. - Aemma said, Daemon nodded his head slightly and looked down at the young girl. Standing together made the similarities of their face painfully obvious.

- Do you know? - was the only thing he asked

- Yes. - since he was blunt with his question, Aemma was blunt with her reply.

- Good. - he smiled before turning back to look at the ocean. They stood quietly for a few seconds while Daemon took in the sight of his daughter. He felt a sense of pride in the way she did not slouch under his heavy gaze and instead looked at him proudly.