9

"Hello? Hi, hi, yes, yes It's me. Brother, calm down, I am alive and save!" America said giggling softly. "Sorry for not answering when you wrote to me three days ago, I was... busy..." American started slowly walking forward, as he usually did while talking on the phone. "Oh., I am in Russias hous- Calm down! I told you I am fine!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU ARE FINE? YOU HAVEN'T ANSWERED YOUR PHONE FOR 3 DAYS, YOU WERE THIS WHOLE TIME WITH RUSSIA, YOU ARE ALIVE AND TELLING ME YOU ARE SAFE!" Canada screamed. "Did you get brain washed or something? Say 'two' if you need help right now!"

"Jesus, Cancan, NO! I don't need help. I just need you to tell Nato to contact with Russia and try to make a deal." America rolled his eyes. "I can't leave, until the borders are open again. And It can't happen until you negociate with Russia."

"Right, right!" Canada agreed. "I will call Nato as fast as possible!" And he hung up.

"Gee, so impolite." America sighed and put his hands into pockets. He walked few more minutes, until he reached border of the forest. He was looking into it, like into dark void, full of his worst nightmares. But then he just shook it off and continued walking forward.

After some time, his eyes adjusted to the darkness, and he was seeing a lot. He saw moss on old trees, which were growing here for decades. He saw small animals, like frogs and rabbits escaping as soon as they heard him come closer.

America admired how full of life this place was. A dark place, which at first seemed scary, turned out to be beautiful inside. All you had to do, Is take a deep breath and let the darkness consume you. You had to trust it, had to try, to see the beauty it was hiding.

"CRACK"

Something made an awfully not natural sound when he stepped on it. He stepped back for a moment, then looked at what was laying on the ground. It shined compared to the dirt it was laying on.

"Holy shit." America gasped, when he realised what was it. Who the fuck put such a thing in the middle in the forest? This thing could cause a disaster!

American carefully took it into both hands, like it was about to explode in just a moment. Then slowly began to walk back to Russias house, but this time, he was not so peaceful.

'Who could get it there? Russia surely has some, but he would leave them in such places. Is there someone else here? Are they watching? Did they leave it there, because they wanted to use it?'

Thoughts were crossing his head, and he didn't knew the answer. But the idea, that he and Russia may not be the only ones closed behind the borders scared him. He felt need, to escape the dark void, the forest which was beautiful, yet its secrets were so frightening that leaving felt like the best option.

When he saw brightness of the light, he felt like he just won a milion dollars. He was saved. Yet, he heard another sound. Sound which was not made by him. America run for his life, not caring to look behind.

If he dared to, he would see a small frog, jumping happily, minding its own buissness, but he didn't. Thinking that he is being chased by a serial killer, he got out of the forest, trying to catch his breath.

"AMERICA!" He heard a familiar voice. "Is everything okay? Why were you running?" Russia asked worried. Not asking for an answer, he dissapeared from window frame, and seconds later he was running towards America.

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?" America found his voice and calmed down a little, knowing that if he was with Russia they had bigger chances of destroying potential enemy. "IT'S FREEZING AND YOU ARE IN T-SHIRT! GET BACK INSIDE!" He yelled at the taller country.

"Cold doesn't bother me." He said as he reached the other country.

"Aha! Bullshit. We are going inside. NOW." America grabbed Russias arm with his free hand and began dragging him inside the house.

"But-" Russia started but he was cut.

"No buts' mate, I aint taking care of you next time you have a fever, If you treat your health like this." America complained.

"Why were you running?" Russia asked, now walking along America. The other country just looked at his other hand, in which he was still holding the thing. Russia followed Americas gaze, and froze when he saw what it was.

"Where did you get a gun from?" He asked stopping suddenly.

"Found it! Thats why I was running! Whoever left it there, I don't wanna meet them." America spat out and continued to drag the other one.

"Let me take a look." Russia reached out to take the machine, but didn't get it.

"First, get inside the house. Then I will give it to you." America said without looking at him.

America was sitting at the couch, slipping tea, that Russia made for him. At the same time, Russia was carefully looking at the gun, that America brough from the forest. He was checking how it's build and the factory it was made in, but when he made sure America was busy, he was looking at the other country.

It must have been terrible experience, Russia would wish noone, not even his worst enemy. He already found out whos wearpon could it be, but he was still pretending to be searching, since it made him look like he was doing something, while he could shamelessly stare at America. 

The other was scrolling throu his phone. The look on his face showed no emotions. His eyes were on his phones, but they weren't focused. His thoughts were somewhere else. Somewhere far away.

"It was made around 80 years ago." Russia said softly, making America look at him. "It probably belonged to Reich, or my father, which when i checked last time, both were dead, so nothing to worry about."

"What was it doing in the forest?" American asked quietly.

"Probably one of them dropped it there. Maybe Reich planning to attack my father? Maybe my father who came there with gun to shot Reich hiding in the forest? Idk." Russia replied while putting the gun away.

"It's just, scary to find something like that." America said more to himself then to Russia. "Your imagination starts making things, it makes you feel afraid, watched by someone. If someone came there before you, maybe they are still there, waiting for you to turn your around, so that they could..."

"In this forest are no people. No big animals, maybe except boars, but they are afraid of people. Noone comes here except me. I haven't had quests in over two years." Russia tried to calm him down. "My land for other countries is like this forest. It seems like place someone could murder you with ease. That I could murder someone with ease." He wisspered the last part.

America giggled slightly. "Don't say such things about that forest. It may seem dark and scary, but when you spend some time there, you realise its somehow beautiful in it's own way." America said looking at the celling like he was going back somewhere in his memories.

Russia blushed hearing that. It made his heart beat faster. "You really think so?" He asked. Russia knew that it wasn't about him, what America said, but still felt complimented.

"Yes." America replied softly. "It is magnificent."

Silence began. Russia was thinking what could they talk about, while American got lost in his thoughts. Suddenly phone rung, and Russia looked who was it. He had to pinch himself to check if its real.

"Halo?" Russia asked picking up.

"Are you ready for negotiations?" Nato asked calmly.