017

Thankfully aizawa had gotten YN34 back to bed that night after she had gotten a nightmare last night. But now it was time for them both to get ready and go back into school, where YN34 would be going back to being with class 1a whilst aizawa had a meeting about her, and her future.

Today was to be a special day for aizawa, it was the day that he, shota aizawa, was planning to ask for nezu's permission to adopt the young girl. He had put a lot of thought into his decision, he had weighed out the pro's and con's for if he actually went through with it. And although there was a few con's, the pro's definitely outweighed them.

Aizawa and YN34 ate the breakfast that aizawa had made them, and he had even cooked her a homemade packed lunch, he had never been much of a cook, finding fast food and microwave meals easier, but now that he had YN34 he had to learn, and his neighbour, Mrs hashimoto had given him a cookbook, she had told him that he probably needed it more than her, and he was thankful for that, but quite recently he had been getting the hang of cooking, it was getting easier as time moved on.

YN34's pegs were back in casts after aizawa rushed her to hospital that night, he had been worried, she didn't normally complain, in fact he didn't think that he had ever heard her complain at all, but she had told him that her right leg was in immense pain, and aizawa had the mentality that even if she turned out to be perfectly fine, it was better to make sure.

——————————

[At the doctors the night before]

"I'm afraid that your daughter has permanent damage to her right leg sir, and her left isn't much better" the doctor told him solemnly, YN34 was resting in the bed, fast asleep as they stood just outside the door, speaking about what they should do about YN34.

"So- so what does this mean?" Aizawa asked her, glancing through the window at how peacefully she was sleeping, she looked so detached from the world, the cruel world outside this room, didn't affect her in any way.

"This means that unless there's some sort of miracle, your daughter... if her legs get any worse, they'll have to be removed, I'm sorry sir" the doctor said, aizawa knew she was being serious, he just hoped that all of this was some cruel joke, or some sort of simulation.

"I'll let you get back to her, again sir, I am sorry" and the doctor took his leave, leaving aizawa feeling dreadful, this had always been a possibility, but now it felt so real...

[End of flashback scene]
—————————

Aizawa had already dropped off YN34 at class 1a, of course she was reluctant to go, but kaito and daiki had managed to coax her in and distract her long enough for aizawa to slip away unnoticed, it wasn't a disision that he suspected the little girl would appreciate later when she discovers his sudden disappearance.

But, aizawa did what he had to do, he had a meeting to attend regarding her, her wellbeing and what was to come for her in the future.

That was why he sat down, surrounded by anyone who had anything to do with this little girls case.

"Now, before we begin does anybody have anything they want to discuss about YN34?" Tsukauchi, the police detective handling the girls case asked everyone in the room, and surprising everyone, aizawa was the first to put up his hand.

"I feel that we have to find a name for her, we can't refer to her as a code all her life, not to mention the people that gave her that name are at the root of all of her trauma" aizawa told everybody, he got a few nods in the room, but everybody agreed with him.

"Any suggestions then, if we are all in agreement that this is the right decision?" Principle Nezu suggested, getting firm nods in response from the majority in the room.

They went through a few options, from japenese to English, but none of them seemed to fit the little girl, that was until hizashi, or rather present mic, spoke up.

"Heyy, shota! What about y/n! You remember her right?!" The blonde haired hero exclaimed, louder than was really necessary in the enclosed room.

Y/n was a close friend of their's when they themselves attended ua, she was someone who kept everybody motivated, she was somebody who everyone could talk to, you could trust her with anything.

But it seemed that whilst she was busy helping everybody else with their problems, she didn't have time to focus on her own. She took her own life during their second year at ua...

And ever since then, aizawa had vowed to be a hero for her, to fulfill her dreams as well as his own.

"I actually like that" midnight commented, like a giddy little girl, playing with barbies and picking names for them all.

Shota stayed quite, nodding slightly in agreement, the name did seem to fit her well.

"Well, now that this has been discussed, we have our decision, her name will be y/n. Now, onto something more serious, I believe I've found a family to take her in, they are an amazing family and–" nezu stated but he was quickly interrupted.

Aizawa was shocked, he hadn't even had a chance to ask nezu if he could adopt the girl, he couldn't let her be taken away, who knows, this family could just be villains posing as a happy little family looking to adopt, what if something bad happens to her whilst she's with them.

What about her brothers, kaito and daiki, shouldn't they get a say in this too. What about aizawa?

"You can't" aizawa interrupted sternly, if nexu had eyebrows he surely would've raised one in interest.

"And why is that Mr aizawa?" He asked, everyone in the room looked at him, waiting for a response, only the people who were truly friends with him, the ones who saw how he looked at this little girl knew why he didn't want her to go.

Even nezu knew, but he wanted to hear aizawa admit it. Truly evil.

"Shouldn't we do some background checks, this family could be working for villains, and shouldn't her brothers, kaito and daiki get a say in where she goes, I don't think it's tight to separate them.

"I assure you Mr aizawa, we have done extensive background checks, they are a lovely family" Tsukauchi told him from across the room.

"And her brothers, will be able to visit her whenever they want to, they are  her family after all" nezu pointed out, aizawa stayed silent. Deciding to just listen to what he was saying, he could maybe speak to nezu after.

"As I was saying, they are a kind family who have been wanting a child for years, but unfortunately they haven't been able to conceive, but after some thinking, we think that being a part of a real family will be beneficial for y/n, some normality" aizawa decided not to interrupt, after all... all he wanted was for y/n to be happy.

——————————

After a while, their meeting was over, they had of course discussed more topics, but aizawa wasn't very focused on what they were saying, he'd get mic to fill him in later.

Although, he had heard something about her health, something about her stuttering and her weight, and he had heard them talking about her legs too, he just wasn't sure what their conversations entailed.

He was too busy thinking about that family that was going to house y/n, he really didn't want her to go.

But of course he couldn't do anything to stop it, whatever makes her happy. Right?