Chapter 2

"Damn it, Killer. Leave some for the rest of us." At the comment, Killer turned back to look at his grumbling crew, expression hidden behind the striped blue and white full head helmet. He didn't bother to respond but did sheathe his scythes. This had been their fifth ambush since they left the coating shipyard, and it was not going to be the last.

At the rate they were coming at, Killer wouldn't be surprised if they make it another ten minutes without being stopped by another hunter. The crew would definitely get their fill of fights. The question was whether there would be any thrill in those fight.

They were more than weak.

A flash of heat and light caused the shadows around them to move and Killer sighed at the pained cries from voices he didn't recognize nor care about. It hadn't even been ten minutes.

"Isn't there anyone stronger here?" Kid shouted out in frustration. This time Heat had gotten them first. Why did all of them go down after the first attack? Isn't this supposed to be the final stop before the New World, the spot where only the strong can arrive and the truly strong to continue on?

"...damn... it.." The hunter cursed, barely hanging onto consciousness. The Kid Pirates ignored their pained cough. They were too weak to for them to even bother finishing them off. His partner seeming to be holding on better than him. "T-their strength is... insane!"

It took almost all the strength the hunter had left to nod in agreement at his partner's words. "... I-I told you...a... 300 million bounty... was too high!"

"... there are so many big bounties here on these islands right now... we just need to get to one..."

Kid halted suddenly in his tracks at the barely whispered words causing his crew to almost crash into him. He turned back towards the fallen hunters, a shit-eating grin on his face. "Oi," He called, stomping back towards the two who were suddenly wishing that they were actually unconscious. Kid squat down next to them. "Who else is on this island?"

In Grove 30, near the shopping district, stood a small group of unusual patrons. Most of them were dressed in beige boiler suits, though the one that stood out the most was the walking polar bear. That alone would have been attention grabbing enough, but as if it wasn't, he was also the only one dressed in an orange suit.

"Captain!" The bear shouted suddenly, and the Bon Chari shop owner almost tripped on his way back from getting the vehicle attachment to the bubble. The owner snapped his head around towards the two hat-wearing males beside him, none of them seem the slightly bit bothered by the suddenly speaking animal. He followed their gaze towards the taller male walking towards them, a large sword hung lazily over his shoulder. "Captain, can we buy one? It's only ten thousand beli! Look Shachi is floating!"

"So, it seems." Law said. Shachi's pedaled around them while Penguin grabbed the vehicle attachment from the still shocked shop owner and stuck it inside the bubble. "It doesn't seem like these would work outside of these islands though."

"Oh, that's a shame." The shop keeper turned towards the depressed bear, unbelieving at how quick he was to resign.

"We'll just rent them." Penguin said before the shop owner could say anything else to entice them. He fished out the beris from his pocket, pausing for a second. "Captain, do you want to rent one too?" He asked.

"I'll walk." Law answered.

"If Captain's walking then I am too!" Bepo added and Penguin nodded and paid the man 1000 belis for the two bon charis.

Despite having rented the vehicles used to for travelling around faster, Shachi and Penguin kept to the pace of their Captain. The two of the chatting excitedly about the different places they should stop by around the island. "We can explore after we find a coating mechanic." Law reminded and the two agreed with a quick 'Aye, Captain'.