Chapter 4

Charlotte clicked her tongue in annoyance. Petty, impatient pirates. This is why I didn't—Her mental rant cut short as she dodged a black giant column, platinum eyes drifting towards the other one spinning behind the large Captain of the Fallen Monk Pirates. Uroge swiped the column at Killer instead. "Oi, don't come over here!" Charlotte snapped when the helmet wearing pirate landed next to her, forcing her to dodge the attack as well.

Screams continued around them as tourists and civilians ran away. Their battles had carried over to Grove 21, collecting more attention and fighters along the way. One of them being the Mad Monk himself. Why or how, she wasn't too sure, not that it really mattered. She chalked it up to him being a pirate, sticking with any reason that would fit.

"Fufu... a sibling pair, huh?" The monk laughed, watching the two pairs of sickle blades extending from both Killer and Charlotte's hands.

Charlotte blanched at the comment. Where in the world was there similarities between a helmet wearing blond and her? Her hair was purple for starter, and he couldn't even see Killer's face to know if they looked alike. "Are you blind?!" Charlotte hollered, flipping into the air to dodge another attack. Her platinum eyes swiped to the silent male. "Oi, you say something too!"

"... don't copy my Punishers."

"Not that!" Charlotte groaned, this time perching herself on the column that the giant was swinging around as if it weighted nothing. She leaped into the air quickly afterwards, eyes glowering when she caught sight of the yellow hoodie and fuzzy hat.

Her target was sitting causally on a box of supplies, watching the fight befall with slight amusement. His crew stood behind him, arms crossed over their chests and ready to defend their captain if need be. She didn't know when he had gotten the damn box since their encounter, but it irked her.

The whole damn ideal irked her. She brought both her karambit blades down, hooking it against the large column and forcing it down towards the ground. Goddamn pirates! She hissed. She had to bring out her second blade already. Her grin feral. They truly were all worth their bounties.

"How about the two trigger happy pirates just fight each other?" She kicked Killer toward Urouge's incoming attack and refocused on her target. Again?! Charlotte groaned when her path got cut off, and yet by another notorious pirates. 'Red Flag' X Drake held out two weapons beside him. The rapier on his left blocking Killer's scythe, while the axe head in his right held Urouge's column back. "If you want to do this, wait until you're in the New World." He chided as the two paused, attention focused on the new opponent.

"You're that disgraced Marine Officer Drake, huh?" Urouge laughed, his every lasting smile still prominent on his face. "Looks like your life is spared for today... Masked Siblings." He hoisted the column over his shoulder.

"I don't even have a mask!" Charlotte exclaimed! Gosh they were tiring! At least some of the Super Rookies are considerate. She thought as retracted her blades, but they remained visible through the ripped leather. The battle was over, and good thing too. She scanned the crowd. There were too many civilians and far too much attention for Charlotte's liking. The battle's over. She repeated, eyes staring blankly at Killer who remained silent, knees still bent and battle ready.

"That was pretty good just now..." Law said, and Charlotte perked up at the voice. He was talking to the Drake Pirates as they strolled passed where he was watching. "But, Drake, how many men have you killed?"

Or not. Charlotte deadpanned, retracting her earlier statement on the former Marine rear admiral. Though who am I to judge? She chided herself and her attention drew down towards her gloves where the buckles failed to hide the cut mark. She cursed realizing she had sliced through the buckles in her rush to block. Really, the pirates were proving to be ever the more annoying with each passing moment.