Chapter 30

The Heart Pirates passed through the long hallways in silence. The only sounds being the clinking noises of the metal cuffs and their echoing footsteps. Their wrists and ankles bounded together by metal as the fishmen lead them to their cell. The Heart Pirates had successfully made it into the underwater island, but not without trouble. They failed the custom inspection that all entering ships had to undergo.

Shachi waited until the seahorse fishmen were out of earshot before commenting, throwing his bound arms behind his head as he lazed into the wall behind him. "If Cole was here, he'd probably make a comment about how even when not present, Charlotte still causes us trouble." Shachi grinned.

The inspection went horribly when they found a pair of severed legs that they couldn't exactly explain for.

Penguin matched the mood, adding, "Didn't help that Captain didn't clean up after his experiments." He remembered the horror on the inspector faces as the stumbled upon the rest of severed body pieces in the blooded surgical room. Charlotte was right. Law had been busy experimenting again. His face cracked up and his laughter spilled anymore. "The scream they made when severed pieces moved!"

Law smirked. That was a funny response.

The pirates joked around a bit more, laughter filling up the empty cell and hallway. It wasn't until the guards left that and the lights turned off did, one by one, the pirates turned towards their leader, eyes silently awaiting next orders and muscles ready to break free from the easy cuffs they had put on them.

Law matched their look knowingly, elbows rested against knees and body leaning forward. "We are going to get our stuff back." The inspectors had confiscated the submarine and everything on it when they failed the inspection and locked them up after for being dangerous and suspicious.

"And what about Cole and Charlotte?" A shudder went through the Heart Pirates at the thought of the two stranded together. Hopefully the two hadn't killed each other yet. "We don't even know where they are. Or if they're okay..." A shared worried look cross the Heart Pirates faces. The current was strong when they were separated, plus Charlotte was a Devil Fruit user surrounded by sea water. "Do you think they arrived at Fishman Island too?"

"They're fine. They're alive." Law promised, chin resting on locked hands and steel grey eyes staring forward. Charlotte wasn't one to go down that easily. Neither was Cole.

"I wonder if they know where we are."

Law leaned back, crossing one ankle over knee, and cradling his neck with a hand hammock. "She will. She found us before. She can do it again."

Charlotte twisted around at the tell-tale chime of the door opening, a large smile plastered on to her face. "Welcome to Mermaid Café! I'll be right with you!" She greeted over her shoulder and placed the parfait sundae down for the table before her.

"I wanted the raspberry pistachio one, you lying fake." Cole complained under his breath. Still sour at the turn of events.

Charlotte stabbed the long dessert spoon with more force than necessary. "Be glad I'm even serving your lazy ass." Charlotte hissed underneath her breath. Fake smile ever-present on her face as soon as she floated away on her bubble ring. Baako was right. The case was right up her alley and one that she couldn't say no even if she wanted to.

Charlotte smiled gingerly at the patron. A surprisingly more normal than expected individual. There was nothing unique or any features that stood out. No tattoo, no scars, or scent of blood. If it wasn't for the familiar heat that seared across her body at the slightest touch, she wouldn't even have given him much thought. "Are you a regular?"