Chapter 26

"Are you excited to be back home after all this time?" Shachi asked pausing from his task and Charlotte sighed, letting her face drop into her gloved hands. A tell-tale grunt told her that the male had gotten hit. Again.

"Is there anything in particular you miss or want to do while y—ooufhpg." And there goes Penguin.

"Focus!" Charlotte shouted, frustrated beyond belief. Here she was, teaching them Haki and her students are all fooling off. All of them focused on ensuring she gets to enjoy and say goodbye to the island, whatever that meant.

Outside of Charlotte, Law, and Jean Bart, Haki was still a foreign ability. While Shachi and Penguin proved to have the ability of Kenbunshoku Haki, they didn't know how to use it on command yet. Not to mention, none of them, Charlotte included, knew how to use Busoshoku Haki. Then there was Haoshoku Haki, but only a select few were borne with that innate ability.

Will we be okay? Charlotte couldn't help but worry. The New World wasn't exactly the friendliest place in the world, nor was it a place she was fond of going back to.

Charlotte scowled when she saw Cole's hand inch back towards his guns. "No! I said no weapons! This isn't target practice, you are to dodge." Charlotte shouted as she yanked the gun from his hand. "Also, what kind of idiot fires a gun blindfolded?" Charlotte added in disbelief while the rest of the crew jumped at the news. Some of them swearing to specifically target the blinded sniper as soon as they figured out where he was or at the bare minimum which direction he was in.

Charlotte's Haki training was a game of blindfolded dodgeball. With the balls being whatever random projectiles Rayleigh's lover had collected over the years from drunk travelers forgetting or trading in their belongings for the rip-off bill in their hands. The game started with everyone picking an item from the large pile, before they were instructed that it would become the projectile they'll be using in a blindfolded game of dodgeball. At the news, the crew scanned the items they had selected, paling in realization that they were very likely to be hit by the very items. While some were fine like old wigs and embroidered plush pillows, others were a bit more insane like a bowling ball or crossbow.

Charlotte only grinned at their paling faces. "If you don't want the pain, then don't get hit!"

"Hey! Where the hell did you go, Crazy Woman?!" Cole yelled when he felt Charlotte's presence disappear from beside him. A sinking feeling building in his stomach. If the huntress was gone, then it meant he was probably no longer safe. His gut feeling proving accurate when a bowling bowl collided with his side.

"Why the—"

Smash.

"Hell am—"

Crash.

"The only one—"

"Oh, he dodged that one!" Charlotte provided commentary and the others let out a sound of disapproval before hurling more items at in the direction of Cole's voice.

"—getting hit?!" Cole snapped between hits, dodges, and pants.

Charlotte quirked a brow at the accusation and glanced around at the several other pirates covered now in colourful paint. Little did they know Charlotte had been shambling out the more dangerous projectiles out with balloons filled with paint. The paint would be a great indicator of how many hits they were struck with and where. She shambled Clione back into the battlefield when the other almost stumbled out of bounds, noticing that he had a lot less paint on him than Cole. "Not my problem if the rest of the crew decides to throw more at you."

Cole fumed. "I knew it! Why am I being attacked more than the others? Aren't you all wearing blindfolds too?" Cole shouted back, with a promise threat of revenge to anyone who's thrown at him.