Thoughts over feelings

Pov: Cyno
(Small time skip)
"Cyno don't you think it's necessary to take down Alhaitham now before he has time to prepare-"
I slammed my hands flat onto the table as Candace flinched backwards towards the wall.
"I can't afford any more loss, last time we went after them for Nilou bad things happened!"
My eyes were clenched tightly shut just black and white scenes of the people that almost murdered my now lover.
A hand fell on my shoulder as Candace spoke calmly.
"Master. If we don't go after him now he may never be able to be find him again! He's at his weakest! I'm sure Tighnari can come with you we can protect him!"
Her voice turned sour at the end as if she was at her wits end, I could feel my hands ball into fists and begin the shake.
I knew she was right but anxiety pooled into me like an over flowing river after a storm.
Just thinking now Nari was peacefully sleeping in our bed, the image of his completely innocent face filling my mind.
I never wanted to put him in that position although it comes with this life.
Even I never got a choice that I was born into this life.
As though fate was already sealed for me the moment I saw the light of day.
Defeating him now could be the end to the mafia that invaded our family many years ago.
Taking a deep breath I narrowed my eyes, glaring up at Candace before responding.
"Fine"
She retracted her hand from my shoulder, crossing her arms.
"Alright I have a set date for the mission to begin I suggest you prepare"
Nodding my head in agreement before travelling back up the heavy metal stairs from the store room.
My heart was racing threw my chest as I stormed down the hallway towards our bedroom.
Stopping suddenly remembering the sleeping beauty that was sound asleep, to which could have been woken by my loud steps.
Reaching for the doorknob I let myself in.
The light from outside formed a large beam towards the bed.
Laying with his back towards me, only a pair of ears and fluffy hair visible.
Subconsciously I was relieved just to see that he was there after the amount of times he had disappeared on me.
The constant belief that he would randomly go and never come back.
Tiptoeing over to his side of the bed, staring down at the bundle of blankets to which Nari lay in.
I gently reached my hand down and stroked his cheek with my finger, his heartbeat could be heard if you listened very closely.
Just for those few moments I stared down at him before throwing my usual outfit go knows where and climbing in next to him.
Wrapping my arms around his back he rolled a little although stayed fast asleep.
Falling into my chest he snuggled in close.
In all my years after I had those problems with my ex I had never thought about loving again.
I'm so glad I did.
I should thank Candace for this encounter.
(Mini update)